Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan_SP

Customer
Just to report it, you probably wouldn't try to resolve this, but here's the report.

When user is mentioned as a first thing in a post, and when it is double post (vB4.1.12 and latest version of Paul M's mod for vB4.1.12), mention doesn't work. It doesn't get parsed. But, if it is after some letter, word, something, it gets parsed correctly. Interesting thing is, I tried to make more than one double posts (if it is first post, it works fine, of course). After I put a word before mentioning, even old mentions started working. Link to a post where you can see post where I tested this behavior: Testiranje pisanja novih korisnika - Stranica 2

Here's the link where user didn't get mentioned, just to see this bug in action: http://slobodni.net/t3904-129/#post954470 Mentioned user name is given correctly.

On the other hand, I tested this with vB4.2, with out-of-box double post prevention there, it worked fine, without this bug.

Not sure what happens and why, but just to let you know.

We don't currently have a 4.1.12 test board available, plus since it works correctly in the officially supported "version" of the mod (the integrated 4.2.0 feature) I don't think we'll be able to fix this.

That being said, I'll leave this as Awaiting Feedback just in case. Your report is very well written and explains the issue clearly, which will be invaluable if we ever revisit this issue :)

No problem. If you'll need my assistance (admin account, FTP access to my site, to try to correct this bug), please tell.

One thing is, maybe I try to fiddle with Paul's mod, I think that this is clash of end of color BBcode and new code, i.e. sign @ that should start mention BBcode.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know. And yes, it worked with old version of AUT (2.0.3) without problem, this is something new to AUT 3.0.5.

Ok, I solved problem by editing Paul's mod.

Find Prevent DoublePost plug-in for newpost_complete hook (all plug ins have same name, but hook location is different).

In plugin you need to find this code:

$spacer = '[COLOR="'.$vbulletin->options['pdp_colour'].'"]'."\n\n".$spacer."\n\n".'[/COLOR]';

And it needs to be changed into this:

$spacer = "\n".'[COLOR="'.$vbulletin->options['pdp_colour'].'"]'."\n\n".$spacer."\n\n".'[/COLOR]'."\n";

It adds line break at the beginning and at the end. Actually, for this bug it is only necessary to have only in the end line break, but I added it to both places, so people could easier remove color tags from the rest of the post.

Now it works fine.

Last edited:
Just to add this new info. I'll show you with picture:

image003qd.png

You can see that mentioning BBcode (pointed with red arrow) doesn't parse two new lines, but normal text parsed two new lines (pointed with green arrow). Mentioning made two spaces after new line. I now use this code for spacer line:

$spacer = "\n\n".'[COLOR="'.$vbulletin->options['pdp_colour'].'"]'.$spacer.'[/color]'."\n\n";

All of a spacer is in a one line, with double new lines, at the beginning and at the end, so user could easier spot what spacer is in quoting.

Maybe this would help you, maybe not, but to let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.