Status
Not open for further replies.

oldlock

I've installed this as a test and for some reason wound up with multiple copies of many of the files, (there may have been old import folders in the directory tree). Is there anyway to delete these en-masse rather than having to go into each file ?

Also is there any mechanism by which I can import the usage statistics from downloadsII ?

I've installed this as a test and for some reason wound up with multiple copies of many of the files, (there may have been old import folders in the directory tree). Is there anyway to delete these en-masse rather than having to go into each file ?

Also is there any mechanism by which I can import the usage statistics from downloadsII ?

I could modify the importer to bring in the number of times the file was downloaded but the rating system is different and cant be moved over.
The importer looks at the database first and just makes sure the file is there. Maybe it's bringing in not approved downloads?

The statistics are not a major issue. The duplicate entries are another matter. There seems to be around 5 of each file shown. There were no unapproved entries in downloads II. Any ideas as to a bulk removal method would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

** bump ** ?

anyone ??

The statistics are not a major issue. The duplicate entries are another matter. There seems to be around 5 of each file shown. There were no unapproved entries in downloads II. Any ideas as to a bulk removal method would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

** bump ** ?

anyone ??

Besides deleting from mysql, there was nothing setup in there to mass delete downloads. Sorry about that :(

Now I'm really confused. I went into the table :

`vb_dbtech_downloads_fileinfo'

and deleted all the duplicate entries. But the duplicates are still shown in the downloads pages on the site ????????

Now I'm really confused. I went into the table :

`vb_dbtech_downloads_fileinfo'

and deleted all the duplicate entries. But the duplicates are still shown in the downloads pages on the site ????????

fileinfo is the files themselves, the filegroup is the container you see in the browser. Each filegroup can have multiple fileinfo records, so many files to one filedownload record, if that makes more sense?

The table dbtech_downloads_filegroup will have all the duplicates that show in the list of available downloads. dbtech_downloads_fileinfo is just the files that are in each list item.

This does'nt get any better I'm afraid. Now when trying to upload I get the dreaded ' Internal Server Error' message. The server logs are'nt showing much of use though ..

This does'nt get any better I'm afraid. Now when trying to upload I get the dreaded ' Internal Server Error' message. The server logs are'nt showing much of use though ..

Are you not gettin anything in the server logs? If there's something, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.