Status
Not open for further replies.

pgowder

Customer
Credits vs Points

What is the difference between these two?

Both show on a user's postbit.

Can I combine them into one?

Right now on people's postbit there is points and credits.

What's the difference?

Can I only have one?

How?

Here at dbtech we are using both the default credits currency that comes with vbcredits and an imported currency from vbactivity, to showcase the ability of vbcredits to do such a thing.

you dont need to use both, it doesnt by default come with both, and you could combine multiple currencies if you wanted to (if you need help figuring out how let me know)

I'm still confused as to which is which.

If I combine them to users still get points in the same ways?

vBCredits comes with only one currency: Credits

you are free to create additional currencies, or import them from other addons.

you assign which currency is used when awarded or charging users.

the "Points" on display at dbtech are just an example currency, taken from vbactivity.

vBCredits comes with only one currency: Credits

you are free to create additional currencies, or import them from other addons.

you assign which currency is used when awarded or charging users.

the "Points" on display at dbtech are just an example currency, taken from vbactivity.

Points and Credits are displaying on my forums right now.

So which do I use?

How do I turn the other off?

Can you pm me a link to your admincp with an admin login, and a detailed description of what you want to do

Actually one of your other support people has all that. I created an admin account for you all.

I'm not sure what I want done. I'm confused about what is what still.

Which do I want to use?

Which support guy did it? I can talk to him to find out what he did and then i can explain better for you to make a decision.

Okay I talked with Fillip H. and it sounds like you have vbcredits, vbactivity, and vbshop installed. I also located the access I need to perform a merge for you.

So, would you like only credits to be used in the shop (and vbactivity points are left alone in vba), or for vba points to contribute to what is earned with vbc and spent in vbs? I can merge everything depending on what you think it should be.

Okay I talked with Fillip H. and it sounds like you have vbcredits, vbactivity, and vbshop installed. I also located the access I need to perform a merge for you.

So, would you like only credits to be used in the shop (and vbactivity points are left alone in vba), or for vba points to contribute to what is earned with vbc and spent in vbs? I can merge everything depending on what you think it should be.

Thanks

I really don't understand enough about either one. If you merge, do they still earn points for all the different activities?

vBActivity generates a score for how active you are by numerically weighting certain actions. That score can be used as a rudimentary currency (by popular demand).

vBCredits is a dedicated points system that has a wider range of actions to work with and has more fine-grained permissions (but won't always match 1-1 with the actions, so unsuitable for activity scoring).

If you are not already using vBActivity as a points system, and were intending only to spend the points earned with vBCredits, then I will merge according to my first suggestion.

vBActivity will still determine its score, but only show you the bars without bothering you with the hard amount hanging around.

Users will only be able to spend the currency earned with vBCredits in the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBCredits II Deluxe

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back