Status
Not open for further replies.

Footman

Customer
Hello,

I've downloaded and installed the lite version of your Gallery on my test board before installing it on my live site.
I've uploaded some photos and having a problem with the "description" box. If a description is added when the photo is uploaded it shows up in the final presentation.
However, if I go back to edit the description afterwards nothing is saved. I click the save button at the bottom and I'm asked if I'm sure I want to leave the page because nothing will be saved if I do. I do not see another button to click to update the description.

I have a handful of other "how do I do" questions but I'll start another post with that category for those.

Thank you

I'm not sure what's causing that. Let me know if it's still doing it when you get the pro installed. If it's still happening I'll keep troubleshooting.

Unfortunately yes it's still the same with the pro version. :(

I've left you access to the test site. Maybe I should wait a bit before adding the pro version to my live site until we have an answer to this.

Thank you for your help Dylan. Much appreciated.

It's just weird it's not happening on any other sites that I know of. There's gotta be something specific to your server, just not sure what.

Maybe Fillip H. can get me going in the right direction, I'm not seeing any error.

It is weird I know. I can add the description when first uploading the photo just fine. The problem only comes into play when trying to edit it afterwards.
Let's hope Fillip H. has an idea.

Thank you Dylan.

could you give my account temp admin as well on that test site so we can see if there is some obscure vB setting that's causing this?

I figured out the problem. It was something in my template that only effects your site for some reason. I fixed the package and updated your site and you can edit an image and change/add/remove the description now.

EDIT:
Just so you know, if you are ready to go to prod now, you want to download the package again so you can import with the corrected template.

Excellent!

Yes I already purchased and downloaded the Pro version. I added it to the test site last night so its running there (I did not add the brand free code to the test site. Figured it made no difference). But I'll download it again for my live site install.

Thank you for your help Dylan.

Status
Not open for further replies.