Status
Not open for further replies.

Madhatterr

Customer
We use the built in Vbulletin subscription service to offer a variety of perks to our members that are mostly based on usergroup levels. We began experiencing the issue that the usergroups were not being automatically upgraded when members purchased new subscriptions.

After enabling and disabling all of our mods to try and find the one that was causing the problem, we discovered that VbMail being enabled prevented the usergroups from updating on successful payment.

In our testing we did find that disabling VbMail v1.0.4 did not correct the issue without also disabling VbCredits II. After upgrading VbMail to 1.1.2 it was no longer tied to VbCredits and disabling it alone caused the automatic subscription updates to go through correctly.

You mean people are buying the paid subscriptions and not getting the usergroup you configure the subscription to award?

Does it work if you switch them to additional usergroups?

vBMail does in no way, shape or form modify either the primary or additional usergroups, so it shouldn't interefere with this at all.

We tested changing one of our subscription levels to "No Change" on the primary and adding in a secondary usergroup and the change still failed when VbMail was enabled.

Just to test it we also tried disabling vBCredits and leaving vbMail on - but this still blocked the subscription from creating and carrying through.

We realize there is no change - but we've tested every mod one at a time on our site and it has been carefully narrowed down to if vBMail is on - subscriptions are not carrying through correctly. As we are not coders - I have no clue why this would happen - but we've done every possible permutation to pin point the issue - and it is definitely - beyond doubt - vBMail.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I have been unable to get paid subscriptions working on my localhost period, even with hooks disabled via config.php, so I will be unable to test this myself.

Please try disabling all vBMail plugins except the two "Global Initialisation" plugins. If paid subs are still working at that point, try re-enabling each plugin one-by-one and tell me which one causes it to no longer process.

In addition, please try turning on Error logging, see here: http://www.php.net/manual/en/errorfunc.configuration.php#ini.error-log - and let me know if, when you find the offending plugin, it produces any entries in the log file you set.

Update: I have tested this on our separate test install, and with both the Lite and Pro version of vBMail installed the paid subscription went through just fine, the usergroup change went through just fine.

Did you try disabling all other products and leaving only vBMail running?

Try wrapping the contents of that plugin in
PHP:
if (THIS_SCRIPT != 'payment_gateway')

You don't need a closing tag, just put that code before the PHP code in the plugin manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.