Bug Upgrade to 1.0.3 from older version now.. Cut and Paste Links Broken Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

neounix

Customer
Hey!

You fixed this problem (see prior posts on this), now after upgrading to 1.0.3 it is back again... (see attached image from our discussion forums)..

When we cut and paste a link in the forums, we get these same problem (see attached).

Screen Shot 2014-02-16 at 11.36.20 PM.png.

One reference.. our old forum thread on this bug.

Last edited:
The change was reverted due to causing other problems.

I'll need you to re-send the .htaccess information for your test board and the path to the files on your test server (obviously also ensure the test server is running 1.0.3) so that I can see if I can find out why this is happening.

Might be a good idea to notify us of "reverted changes" before we upgrade (especially bug fixed we thought were fixed), don't you think ;)

It was several weeks between the two issue reports so I had forgotten the original report, coupled with the fact that with 30+ projects it's in no way, shape or form feasible for me to remember these details... I disagree :)

Well, I don't disagree, sorry.

Even if you 30+ projects and 100+ bug reports, you should not revert bug fix changes that are important and then give a "casual, never mind" reply when you break a customers site.

Our users do not take is "casually" when they cannot cut-and-paste a link in our forums.

Why should we?

I'm not entirely sure what you are referring to when you say I give a "casual, never mind" response, considering my first response was to ask for the access details for your test site. I only explained my reasoning for reverting the change when, instead of providing me with the information I require to fix this issue, you called into question the fact that the issue resurfaced.

Your forum appears to be the only one affected by this issue. 100% of users were affected by the issues my previous "fix" caused (yes, even your forum would have been affected).
There might be a plugin conflict that's preventing the other half of the code in question from running. Considering the above, that seems likely. The only way to find out for sure is for me to replicate this issue on your test board and then try disabling all other products, try to replicate it again and if I can't, I will narrow it down to the specific product & plugin that's conflicting. If I can still replicate it, I will dig deeper into my code.

Is there a reason why we are talking about this instead of working together to fix this issue permanently, and with no negative side-effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.