Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean to say that upon hitting F5, the thread displays correctly?

Or do you mean that the post needs to be edited, URL fixed, and then saved?

by any chance do you have custom rewrite rules?

No. We are using your standard rewrite rules in DBSEO.

Also,it generally happened when we are cutting-and-pasting a DBSEO URL into the forum posts.

For example, DBSEO has already rewritten the URL and a forum member cuts and pastes that URL into a post, referencing another post.

I'm still unable to replicate this locally, even with this new information. I'll attempt to replicate this on your staging server once I return home.

I don't think you can easily replicate this on our staging server, as it is an intermittent problem (not easy to see).. I think it is related to how you do your caching, but I don't know enough about DBSEO to comment.

Also, I have not yet upgraded the staging server to rc1. Will do that later today.

I don't believe it's related to caching. The reason why !postid! is added to a URL is to make the regular expressions replacing un-rewritten URLs with rewritten ones more efficient. I've no idea why it's doing that for already processed URLs.

Well, the good news is that it only does it (the rewrite error) when the post is first created (saved by the user). After the page is reloaded, it is written correctly....

I'm sure you and I will figure it out sooner or later!

Thanks for the great support and for a fun 2014 for DBSEO!

Update:

We can easily reproduce this error in our forums now:

All we have to do it simply cut-and-paste any of our DBSEO'ed URLs into a post.

When we first save the post (or edit the post), the link is broken with the unresolved !token! in the URL.

If we then reload the page, the DBSEO'ed URL is correct.

So, there is a small bug in DBSEO when created or editing a new post with regard to rewriting URLs.

This bug is easy to reproduce on our server.

I am able to bypass the .htaccess protection on your staging server, but when I attempt to login with the saved information, I'm receiving an invalid password error.

Please ensure that the account you created in the past is still active, with the same password you created for my .htaccess and FTP account. Thank you :)

Anyway I confirmed the problem on the staging server with rc1.

Just take any existing thread DBSEO URL and cut-and-paste it into a new post and save it.

The first time, the DBSEO URL is broken.

Reload the page.. it's OK.

Just to confirm, does it still have to be a new THREAD (i.e. this only happens in the first post), or can it be a new REPLY as well?

The problem with the BBCODE URL (this bug report) is with any post, any thread, anytime.

The problem with "blank posts" (submitted in a different bug report) is with only the first post in a thread.

This issue has been fixed on your staging server. The fixed file will be available with RC2, available tomorrow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings