Status
Not open for further replies.
That simply means my mod wa installed (and still is)- I find it a bit of a leap to point the finger at my mod based simply on that.

I found this page Googling for the error trying to help najafinder and I have to say after reading this thread I am just more confused then before- I don't see how setting up a database under plesk would have been the OP's issue but I also believe there is no code in this mod's uninstall code to delete the global phrase group.

najafinder - the truth is no matter what mod is resposible the field was deleted, the only way to get it back will be from a database backup.

I was not saying it was you mod for sure, I said, Looks to me like that error is from one of BirdOPrey5 mods, I am sorry if you took that the wrong way.

As I now know, it is not from that as he is still getting the error even with DISABLE_HOOKS in the config

And I do appreciate you coming here and addressing this so fast. :D

Disabling hooks isn't helping because phrasegroup_global is part of the default vb code, it will always be required.

My suggestion since he says he has no backup would be to manually add the column phrasegroup_global back to the language table.

type: MEDIUMTEXT

Then maybe he can rebuild the language/phrases in admin cp- it may work- never tested.

The URL to rebuild languages is: /admincp/language.php?do=rebuild&goto=language.php?

I'm just not sure he can login with the phrases missing.

It's worth a shot, thanks for the time Joe. :cool: Really to bad no backup, what was it exactly you did naijafinder just before receiving this error?

I uninstall and deleted Vbquize and Vbnotification product.
Though i have uninstall many other plugin before removing Vbquize and Vb notification.
I also deleted the php files of the product on my FTP.

If only you could help with step by step process to follow this procedure below, to add the phrasegroup_global table.

Thanks everyone in advance. I wish to see my forum running soon. am receiving lot of Database error on my email ..because users are tryiing to access the website.

Disabling hooks isn't helping because phrasegroup_global is part of the default vb code, it will always be required.

My suggestion since he says he has no backup would be to manually add the column phrasegroup_global back to the language table.

type: MEDIUMTEXT

Then maybe he can rebuild the language/phrases in admin cp- it may work- never tested.

The URL to rebuild languages is: /admincp/language.php?do=rebuild&goto=language.php?

I'm just not sure he can login with the phrases missing.

This is the new Database error am receiving on my email now
MySQL Error : Unknown column 'phrasegroup_posting' in 'field list'
Error Number : 1054

If you could pm me a admin account, ftp info and access info to cpanel, I can see what I can do, but I can not make any promises to get it going again.

Yeah I do indeed see the phrasegroup_global field in the db, so I am kinda stumped as you guys are. :confused:

remebered i said this is the error message that is been sent to me now on my email.

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'phrasegroup_posting' in 'field list'

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'phrasegroup_postbit' in 'field list'
Request Date : Sunday, July 29th 2012 @ 10:07:17 AM
Error Date : Sunday, July 29th 2012 @ 10:07:17 AM

For future followup if anyone searches for this- we did get it resolved by having to add back dozens and dozens of phrasegroup_XXXX columns to the language table.

Then had to re-run upgrade.php

Annoying work but it worked fine in the end.

Unfortunately still no better clue to how or why this happened.

Last edited:
Yeah it is a problem not knowing what was the root cause of the issue, and thanks again Joe for helping me out with getting him going again. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.