Status
Not open for further replies.

Jem

Customer
After not getting much user involvement after install I disabled the mod, then uninstalled it.

After a unusually long uninstall process I encountered a database error severe enough to cause my site to be completely unaccessable. I have the installation configured to email the particulars of the error. I received multiple instance of the following two database errors:

Error 1

Database error in vBulletin 4.1.5:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT
userfield.*, usertextfield.*, user.*, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(passworddate) AS passworddate, user.languageid AS saved_languageid,
IF(displaygroupid=0, user.usergroupid, displaygroupid) AS displaygroupid,
language.phrasegroup_global AS phrasegroup_global,
language.phrasegroup_dbtech_notifications AS phrasegroup_dbtech_notifications,
language.phrasegroupinfo AS lang_phrasegroupinfo,
language.options AS lang_options,
language.languagecode AS lang_code,
language.charset AS lang_charset,
language.locale AS lang_locale,
language.imagesoverride AS lang_imagesoverride,
language.dateoverride AS lang_dateoverride,
language.timeoverride AS lang_timeoverride,
language.registereddateoverride AS lang_registereddateoverride,
language.calformat1override AS lang_calformat1override,
language.calformat2override AS lang_calformat2override,
language.logdateoverride AS lang_logdateoverride,
language.decimalsep AS lang_decimalsep,
language.thousandsep AS lang_thousandsep
, (user.dbtech_vbshop_points) AS vbcredits_5, user.dbtech_vbshop_points AS vbcreditsb_5, (user.dbtech_vbactivity_points) AS vbcredits_2, user.dbtech_vbactivity_points AS vbcreditsb_2
FROM user AS user
LEFT JOIN userfield AS userfield ON (user.userid = userfield.userid)
LEFT JOIN usertextfield AS usertextfield ON (usertextfield.userid = user.userid) LEFT JOIN language AS language ON (language.languageid = IF(user.languageid = 0, 1, user.languageid))

WHERE user.userid = 1394;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'language.phrasegroup_global' in 'field list'
Error Number : 1054
Request Date : Sunday, September 18th 2011 @ 05:46:22 AM
Error Date : Sunday, September 18th 2011 @ 05:46:22 AM
Script : http://xxx.xxx.xxx/vbnotifs.php
Referrer : http://fxxx.xxx.xxx/
IP Address : xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Username :
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version :

Error 2:
Database error in vBulletin 4.1.5:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT languageid,
phrasegroup_global AS phrasegroup_global,
phrasegroup_posting AS phrasegroup_posting,
phrasegroup_postbit AS phrasegroup_postbit,
phrasegroup_showthread AS phrasegroup_showthread,
phrasegroup_inlinemod AS phrasegroup_inlinemod,
phrasegroupinfo AS lang_phrasegroupinfo,
options AS lang_options,
languagecode AS lang_code,
charset AS lang_charset,
locale AS lang_locale,
imagesoverride AS lang_imagesoverride,
dateoverride AS lang_dateoverride,
timeoverride AS lang_timeoverride,
registereddateoverride AS lang_registereddateoverride,
calformat1override AS lang_calformat1override,
calformat2override AS lang_calformat2override,
logdateoverride AS lang_logdateoverride,
decimalsep AS lang_decimalsep,
thousandsep AS lang_thousandsep
FROM language
WHERE languageid = 1;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'phrasegroup_global' in 'field list'
Request Date : Sunday, September 18th 2011 @ 05:46:36 AM
Error Date : Sunday, September 18th 2011 @ 05:46:36 AM
Script : http://xxx.xxx.xxx/showthread.php?1381-My-introduction-(part-one)
Referrer :
IP Address : xx.xxx.xx.xxx
Username :
MySQL Version :

As you can see the first error references the vbNotifications mod the second with a post.

I imported the data from a backup and everything runs smoothly, but I'm afraid to try and remove the mod again.

Please advise.

I have the mod disabled. I just wanted to get this error reported so that you guys can address it. I'm no programmer, but it looks like the uninstallation of Quiz deleted a table that other mods relied on.

Hi Jem,
Do you have mysql access through something like phpmyadmin or something like it?

It sounds like somehow your global phrase group got associated with the quiz mod.

You can verify it by logging into phpmyadmin and view the data in the phrasetype table.

In there is a row with the fieldname of global. The product for that row should be blank but it sounds like it might have dbtech_vbquiz in there. If it does you can clear that out and it should uninstall fine.

Here is how it probably looks

bad.png

And here is how it should look

good.png

Yes, I have full access to my server via SSH and have installed phpMyAdmin. Unfortunately in this context, my global field is not associated with dbtech_vbquiz as you had thought it may be.

Here is a screenshot of that particular information:

dbtech1.PNG

What's you next hypothesis?

No, I use the standard plugin manager. The only modification that I have that deals with plugins is the 'Check Version' for all hacks mod version 2.0.1

No, I use the standard plugin manager. The only modification that I have that deals with plugins is the 'Check Version' for all hacks mod version 2.0.1

I'm still looking at this, just kind of stumped as to why it would delete that column from your table. I checked over my uninstall file and it doesn't touch phrases at all, the vB uninstall wouldn't delete a column unless it was tied to a product which you checked it doesn't.
Is it possible to copy your database to a test area so I can access it?
Sorry all the trouble you're going through to uninstall a free mod :(

I appreciate your response. While I would be quite upset with just about ANY other mod maker over this, I have a lot of respect for Dragon Byte, it's products, and it's employees. I have had nothing but great success from using your modifications and have gone pro with them as my budget allowed.

Please check your PM for a link to a recent backup of my database for your further testing.

I appreciate your response. While I would be quite upset with just about ANY other mod maker over this, I have a lot of respect for Dragon Byte, it's products, and it's employees. I have had nothing but great success from using your modifications and have gone pro with them as my budget allowed.

Please check your PM for a link to a recent backup of my database for your further testing.

I am sure Dylan will get to it asap, and I must say, Thank You for the kind words. :D

The kind words are well deserved. Your team is professional and prompt with any issues, and the modifications you make are always top notch. I have intentions on upgrading to the pro versions of each of the mods I use as money allows. You guys just keep up the good work :)

Ok, I *may* have discovered my issue.

When I upgraded my MySQL I noticed that it added user=mysql to the config file. Prior to that there was no entry for user. After more investigation it appears that my databases were created using my PLESK username and password as the MySQL user. I think that having a different user try and modify the tables was the issue.

After commenting out the user directive I was able to uninstall vbQuiz and get vbMail to work correctly.

So, it appears all these issues were indeed on my end, and I apologize for taking up your time. Please keep up the great work :)

Ok, I *may* have discovered my issue.

When I upgraded my MySQL I noticed that it added user=mysql to the config file. Prior to that there was no entry for user. After more investigation it appears that my databases were created using my PLESK username and password as the MySQL user. I think that having a different user try and modify the tables was the issue.

After commenting out the user directive I was able to uninstall vbQuiz and get vbMail to work correctly.

So, it appears all these issues were indeed on my end, and I apologize for taking up your time. Please keep up the great work :)

No problem, we're glad you got it figured out :)

data base error (MySQL Error : Unknown column 'phrasegroup_global' in 'field list')

I have data base error on my admincp and my website homepage.
my site is completely unaccessable

I do not know the plugin that i uninstalled

Please how do i fix this error some website can start working

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.0:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT languageid,
phrasegroup_global AS phrasegroup_global,
phrasegroup_posting AS phrasegroup_posting,
phrasegroup_postbit AS phrasegroup_postbit,
phrasegroup_showthread AS phrasegroup_showthread,
phrasegroup_inlinemod AS phrasegroup_inlinemod,
phrasegroup_reputationlevel AS phrasegroup_reputationlevel,
phrasegroup_bop5iframer AS phrasegroup_bop5iframer,
phrasegroup_user AS phrasegroup_user,
phrasegroupinfo AS lang_phrasegroupinfo,
options AS lang_options,
languagecode AS lang_code,
charset AS lang_charset,
locale AS lang_locale,
imagesoverride AS lang_imagesoverride,
dateoverride AS lang_dateoverride,
timeoverride AS lang_timeoverride,
registereddateoverride AS lang_registereddateoverride,
calformat1override AS lang_calformat1override,
calformat2override AS lang_calformat2override,
logdateoverride AS lang_logdateoverride,
decimalsep AS lang_decimalsep,
thousandsep AS lang_thousandsep
FROM language
WHERE languageid = 1;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'phrasegroup_global' in 'field list'
Request Date : Saturday, July 28th 2012 @ 09:58:36 PM
Error Date : Saturday, July 28th 2012 @ 09:58:36 PM
Script : http://www.naijafinder.com/nigeria-u...ic-season.html
Referrer :
IP Address : 74.125.78.82
Username :
MySQL Version :

I have also follow the description below, on phrasetype table i see fildname global. there is no vbquize on the product filed. What is the Solution
Please help

Hi Jem,
Do you have mysql access through something like phpmyadmin or something like it?

It sounds like somehow your global phrase group got associated with the quiz mod.

You can verify it by logging into phpmyadmin and view the data in the phrasetype table.

In there is a row with the fieldname of global. The product for that row should be blank but it sounds like it might have dbtech_vbquiz in there. If it does you can clear that out and it should uninstall fine.

Here is how it probably looks

View attachment 1354

And here is how it should look

View attachment 1355

Last edited:
You need to ask at vBulletin.org in the thread for that mod. But I suppose you can do this for now.

Open your config.php and below<?php add this line:

PHP:
 define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

So it looks like this:
PHP:
<?php
/*=================================================  =====================*\
|| ##################################################  ################## ||
|| # vBulletin 4.1.4

Then log into your ACP, disable the IFRAMEr, then remove the define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); ftom the config.php

I just add this code to my config.php

I think the problem is from Vbquize or VBNotification it's one of your pluging that is causeing this error.

I have done the above process and my forum is still showing database error.

Please help, Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.