Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarab

Customer
Hello,

This thread not about just this mod, it's related to all dragonbytes mods..

I'm using in my forum about 86 different mods, and many of yours ofcourse *^*

So yesterday I made some testing to see what effect the speed of my forum which was 11 - 19 sec to load ="(

The result was when dragonbytes mods disable the load time decrees 9 Sec =.=

So I was wondering why it make the load time 9 Sec more, even though my server a dedicated with high specification and should handle more then just a mere forum.

The mods that I use was:
ad9076d7be7658eab3bc0f3b18687200.png

Best Regards,
Sarab

Did you test it with each one disabled individually, and see which one was causing the load?

Every mod you have adds new features, and each feature requires some resources. Depending on how your forum is set up, the power of your server, and how many visitors you have that can result in increased loading times.

You say your server should be able to handle "a mere forum", but a forum is one of the most demanding things you can run on a webserver. Many webhosts don't understand the specific requirements of a forum. For instance, in most servers a SSD drive isn't necessary, but for a busy forum, it is.

Have you checked your server load to ensure it stays below 1.00 for processor core you have? If it's going above this, your server is probably not powerful enough for what you are trying to use it for. Large forums with lots of features should ideally be running a separate webserver and DB server (which is how DBTech is set up), is that what you are using?

As Chris said above, it will be worth disabling mods one by one to see if a specific mod is accounting for most of the issue, or if it's just a matter of you trying to do too much on a server that isn't powerful enough for your requirements.

A load time of 10 seconds even with mods disabled suggests something else is wrong as well. Perhaps you are trying to server too many large images, or your server can't cope with the traffic you are getting. If your site takes 10 seconds to load, you're doing something it's not capable of handling.

Did you test it with each one disabled individually, and see which one was causing the load?
I almost did that with result that almost everyone add little part of sec, see the pic here:
All hooks disable = 3.40 Sec
Before Activate dragonbytes mods = 3.46 Sec
Then:
b1348c55d71e76700c13fb49c41391bf.png

And I test only the main forum page, put the load everywhere the same ="(
My broadband is 10 MB

Every mod you have adds new features, and each feature requires some resources. Depending on how your forum is set up, the power of your server, and how many visitors you have that can result in increased loading times.

You say your server should be able to handle "a mere forum", but a forum is one of the most demanding things you can run on a webserver. Many webhosts don't understand the specific requirements of a forum. For instance, in most servers a SSD drive isn't necessary, but for a busy forum, it is.

Have you checked your server load to ensure it stays below 1.00 for processor core you have? If it's going above this, your server is probably not powerful enough for what you are trying to use it for. Large forums with lots of features should ideally be running a separate webserver and DB server (which is how DBTech is set up), is that what you are using?

As Chris said above, it will be worth disabling mods one by one to see if a specific mod is accounting for most of the issue, or if it's just a matter of you trying to do too much on a server that isn't powerful enough for your requirements.

A load time of 10 seconds even with mods disabled suggests something else is wrong as well. Perhaps you are trying to server too many large images, or your server can't cope with the traffic you are getting. If your site takes 10 seconds to load, you're doing something it's not capable of handling.
Thanks Cosmic, I did not know that forums are resource eater like this =.=
I'll check the server load value, and no we use one server for the web data and database, but we took 64 GB ram I think to convert some of it to virtual hard and make it for the database.
anyway, then what a server spec, should I have so that whatever mods or features I activate won't effect the load time? I notice that the main lag is the request time for data, it took almost all the load time, while receiving it in blink of eye.
And if I separate the web and DB, will this help? and what should the DB server spec, be?

Are you looking at the page generation time in vB's debug mode, or are you trying to stopwatch time your page loads yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.