Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieDelta

Customer
We have a tournament running and there were two forfeits so far but no email reminders were sent.

-reminder alerts sent when X number of hours left before auto forfeit (please test this!)

There are two more waiting and will most likely forfeit as well.

Will continue to test.

Ah yes. I missed that. I had it set to "PM Alerts". I have now set it to "PM & Email".

Will test for the next forfeits and report back.

I was hoping to reuse some settings, but I'm thinking I shouldn't here, because alerting about high scores and alerting about tournaments are two separate things :/

let me know about those alerts for now though, i wasnt sure i did the math right :p i recommend setting the time limit to 2 hours and the alert to 1 hour, so you dont have to wait all week to figure out if its working (though maybe do 3 and 2 afterwards, to be sure)

I have the settings right but thought I'd go for the 12 hour window the emails due in the next couple of hours.Will report back later.

Sent from my iPhone,no rest for the wicked.

No emails received..Am I right in saying, if the setting is set too "PM & Email" you should also get a pm..

Last edited:
Thanks,sorry I was editing my post as you posted..But I'm still not sure about the "PM & Email" setting, would that not mean a pm and then two emails...

Thanks guys... I guess I have to deconstruct the timing behind this and go through it carefully again :/ i was getting confused when i wrote it in the first place :D

I found some things to tweak with the reminders that hopefully fixes them. Please upgrade to beta #5 and let me know if the situation has been resolved asap :) thanks!

I got the tournament invite via email 1 pm at the moment to show a forfeit but didn't receive an email for that one.I'm not sure if the emails are like batch queuing.I need to test more..

Edit: Yes the emails are batch queing and not instant..Setting emails to not batch queue I don't get anything..

Last edited:
Having something show up at all is progress :D

Perhaps switch it to send PMs (remember, theres a new tournament-specific alert setting) to get around the batch email sending (I should change those emails to use the "send NOW" flag, though want to make sure the timing is accurate).
Note that the cron runs on the hour and your website traffic triggers it, so it might not line up perfectly, but thats by design of vb cron jobs. 1 minute away seems like too much, unless you're on a vacant test site, or I still screwed up.

I suggest trying 2 hour max and 1 hour reminder. If that seems good, then try 3 hour max and 1 hour reminder. If thats good, try larger numbers for both. Thanks for your feedback!

Having something show up at all is progress :D

Perhaps switch it to send PMs (remember, theres a new tournament-specific alert setting) to get around the batch email sending (I should change those emails to use the "send NOW" flag, though want to make sure the timing is accurate).
Note that the cron runs on the hour and your website traffic triggers it, so it might not line up perfectly, but thats by design of vb cron jobs. 1 minute away seems like too much, unless you're on a vacant test site, or I still screwed up.

I suggest trying 2 hour max and 1 hour reminder. If that seems good, then try 3 hour max and 1 hour reminder. If thats good, try larger numbers for both. Thanks for your feedback!
I had it on 2 hour max and 1 hour reminder. This was on my live site and there is lots of activity so no delay on the triggers.
Will try with the 3 hour and 1 now and report back.

Okay. To put the send now flag for emails, edit (forums)/dbtech/vbarcade/cron/arcade_tourns.php find

PHP:
vbmail($remind['email'], $alerttitle, $alertmessage);

replace with

PHP:
vbmail($remind['email'], $alerttitle, $alertmessage, true);

to bypass the queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBArcade

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies