Status
Not open for further replies.

bzcomputers

Customer
The navigation tab created by the Gallery install does not create an instance in the navigation manager. This causes the navigation tab to be placed at the end of all the others without a simple way to move it where you want it. I though that was one of the purposes of the whole implementation of the navigation manager. I had the same exact problem with vbDownloads Pro 1.3.6 I ended up disabling the plugin and re-creating my own, which I shouldn't of had to.

Is this a bug and oversight or just how both of these programs are suppose to work?

downloads was setup that way because it was the first way I figured out how to create the navigation link. The gallery has to work that way because of it's dynamic nature. If you want to move it's location then you'll need to do the same thing, disable the plugin and manually create the links.

I'll have to check, but I think the permissions have to be set in a certain hook and a certain way. I plan on doing a bugfix release tonight, I'll try and get that setup right before the release. I think with how it stands now, you can't use permissions on the navigation manager with the gallery.

I wanted to request this so...I installed the Gallery and I don´t have any link on the Gallery tab!

So..per default, I´m unable to upload any picture because the navbar doesn´t show me the Upload Picture link....

Why this?

I wanted to request this so...I installed the Gallery and I don´t have any link on the Gallery tab!

So..per default, I´m unable to upload any picture because the navbar doesn´t show me the Upload Picture link....

Why this?

Can you create your own thread for this? The issue you're having is a bit different then what the OP asked.

I solved this by adding a new link on the Gallery tab on the Tab Manager.

After add this link, I saw the other links too....but they are not displayed on the tab manager, that´s a bug.

It's not a bug, the gallery isn't designed to add a nav manager entry, it creates a dynamic navigation.

Is it going to be possible to move the gallery tab to another location on the navbar? When I recreate the tab and links in the navigation manager it is not possible to keep the navigation highlighted and the navigation switches to the forum tab. It displays the page you wish to see but the navigation switches to the forum tab and links. I tried setting dbtgallery as the tab script but that did not help and I also set YES to Append 'tabid' to URL.

Is it going to be possible to move the gallery tab to another location on the navbar? When I recreate the tab and links in the navigation manager it is not possible to keep the navigation highlighted and the navigation switches to the forum tab. It displays the page you wish to see but the navigation switches to the forum tab and links. I tried setting dbtgallery as the tab script but that did not help and I also set YES to Append 'tabid' to URL.

Did you setup your navigation tabs like I said in this post?

http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f178/gallery-navigation-manager-instructions-8932/

Status
Not open for further replies.