Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectra20

Customer
I installed Lite in my test forums and even imported my photopost galleries. Went smooth. Should have taken that as a warning. :)
I just installed pro into my live forums and when I try to upload or import a photo I get errors.

I see the errors are permission denied but I'm not sure where to go from there.
I change permissions as required on the uploads folder and the DBGallery import created directories 1-9 inside the upload/1 directory so it has some permissions to write.
I've re-upload the files hoping I got a bad upload but still nothing.

Anyway, here are the errors. Maybe, hopefully, its an easy fix.

"File path is not writeable. The script does not have access to write files to the correct directory. Please report this error to your site administrator."

With the following errors in the header area,
Code:
Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php on line 1181

Warning: copy(dbtech/gallery/images/upload/1/1/thumb/index.html) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php on line 1183

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php on line 1190

Warning: copy(dbtech/gallery/images/upload/1/1/wm/index.html) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php on line 1192

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php on line 1199

This is what I get when importing from my existing gallery. Its a not exactly everything, I had to highlight and copy between screen refreshes.
Code:
Warning: copy(dbtech/gallery/images/upload/1/1/0/wm/index.html) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php on line 1192

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php on line 1199

Warning: copy(dbtech/gallery/images/upload/1/1/0/full/index.html) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php on line 1201

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '[path]/dbtech/gallery/images/upload/1/1/0/thumb/756_1209925117.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_import.php on line 818

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '[path]/dbtech/gallery/images/upload/1/1/0/full/756_1209925117.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_import.php on line 818

Imported hot_dog.jpg
Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php on line 1166

Warning: copy(dbtech/gallery/images/upload/1/1/0/index.html) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php on line 1168

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php on line 1181

Warning: copy(dbtech/gallery/images/upload/1/1/0/thumb/index.html) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php on line 1183

Sorry about the problems.

is the test forum on the same server as production?

What are the permissions set to on the dbtech/gallery/images/upload/1/1/0 folder?
And do you have a full thumb and wm folder under there?

No problem, as long as we get it resolved.

The Test forums are on the same server.
There are no directories below upload/1/1
The permissions are 043
I only have upload/1/1 through upload/1/9 all with the same permissions and no sub directories.

I can reset 0777 on the uploads folder and force recursive again. The folders under 1 should be inheriting them but it looks like they aren't.
I haven't already done it because I am not sure how DBGallery assigns permissions after the fact.

For later (so I don't forget to ask), the words "DragonByte Gallery" are displayed when I click on the Gallery Nav Bar.
Going to need to know how to change that.

> Going to need to know how to change that.
Why do you need to change that?
Also, yo can change that through phrases.

LOL, Ok guy. You don't agree with me, fine. I only answered you as a courtesy.
Unless you have something useful for this thread please don't bother posting again.

I just did a hotfix on the files with what I believe will fix the problem. If you can re download the v1.2.4 package and re upload the files. You don't need to import the product xml.
On the folders already there, you can either delete the sub folders of images/upload/1/ or set them to 777, or you can try 755 as well.

As far as the Dragonbyte Gallery text, there are 7 phrases that have that. Best way to replace them is go into the ACP
ACP -> Language & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

Enter Dragonbyte Gallery and select Phrase Text and Phrase Variable Name and search. From there you can modify what it displays

Let me know if the hotfix works for you or if you still have problems with it.

I re-downloaded and uploaded with overwrite.
The import seemed to go well. I received a lot of these but wasn't too concerned as it happened in test and I still had images when done.

Code:
Importing...Please wait until the importer has finished.
Imported 4banner.jpg
Warning: imagecreatefromstring() [function.imagecreatefromstring]: Data is not in a recognized format in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_import.php on line 761

Warning: imagesx(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_import.php on line 766

Warning: imagesy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_import.php on line 767

Warning: imageistruecolor(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_import.php on line 781

Warning: imagecreate() [function.imagecreate]: Invalid image dimensions in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_import.php on line 785

Warning: imagecolorallocate(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_import.php on line 791

Warning: imagecolortransparent(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_import.php on line 792

Warning: imagealphablending(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_import.php on line 793

Warning: imagesavealpha(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_import.php on line 794

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_import.php on line 798

Warning: imagedestroy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_import.php on line 803

Warning: imagedestroy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_import.php on line 825

Warning: imagecreatefromstring() [function.imagecreatefromstring]: Data is not in a recognized format in [path]/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_import.php on line 761

The import stopped around 221K images. I don't know if my admincp session timed out of it finished. There was no confirmation.

When I went to the gallery most of the thumbnail images were missing/displaying the No IMAGE picture.
When clicking on thumbnail to view full image it was the same thing. This error was on the top of the screen.
Code:
Warning: getimagesize([path]/dbtech/gallery/images/upload/1/8/4/full/212543_1270350642.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/dbtech/gallery/modules/gallery/actions/view_image.php on line 73

I ran remove orphaned db images. This took the image count down to 185K. The NO IMAGE picture no longer displays for thumbnails or images and there are still missing images.
I can still click left / right and see the username, details, ratings, etc.. But no image is displayed. The error at the top is gone now.

Thank you for the Phrases. I only needed to change the ones the users see but this works.

What were you importing from? And what image formats were allowed on there? It sounds like there were some that GD had a problem processing.

You should get a message when it finishes processing.

Is this in a place that's accessible? I'd like to take a look.

Importing from photopost.
GD is on and was used when uploading the photos originally.
The Gallery is no longer accessible directly. I removed the plugin when upgrading to 4.2.
If they can't be imported it wont be the end of the world. We gave the users months to download the images they wanted saved.

I'll PM you account info.

hmm, if the plugin is gone I might not be able to import, some of the config info might be missing. btw, that account you gave me doesn't have acp access?

I could have sworn I posted a reply this morning.
I've corrected the account permissions.

I had removed photopost from vbulletin prior to testing DBTGallery on the test system.

I could have sworn I posted a reply this morning.
I've corrected the account permissions.

I had removed photopost from vbulletin prior to testing DBTGallery on the test system.

Could I get ftp access? It looks like the images are there but just not containing anything.

When I import from photopost I look at some of the photopost settings to determine where the source images are at and how they are stored. If it's not installed I can't guarantee it'll work right OOB. I might have to tweak the import script to get them in correctly.

EDIT:
btw, I turned the nav link on, but it's only visible to admins, i removed the view permissions from the other groups.

Whatever you need. I really appreciate you taking the time to work on this.

Please PM me your IP so I can add it to the firewall for FTP access.

I made some changes to the script, emptied out the old records and reimported and it looks like it worked good. There are some bmp images it failed on because I don't have code in there to process bmp images and didn't count on them being there. I'll see if I can get code to work around the bmp problem. Other then that, the images are all there and look correct. Let me know if you want me to work on the bmp problem and reimport.

Thanks a lot for giving me access, it helps to see what a large import needs and makes it a lot easier to fix problems with the importer.

Awesome. Thank you. We don't need the BMP files.

Is it safe to delete the photopost gallery folder now that the import to is complete?

Awesome. Thank you. We don't need the BMP files.

Is it safe to delete the photopost gallery folder now that the import to is complete?

That's your call heh. If it was me I'd leave them on for a bit just to be sure. If I was running out of space I'd at least download them locally first if I really cared to make sure they were kept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Gallery

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back