Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, what OS/Browser/Version do you use?
I viewed the flash fine from my end.
Can you send me a screenshot of what it looks like to you?

I'm on a Mac - 10.7.5. I've tried it with Chrome (Version 24.0.1312.57), Safari (Version 6.0.2) and Firefox (Version 18.0.2). All are updated versions.
This screen persists with the green and gray lines moving constantly.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-17 at 3.15.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-17 at 3.15.01 PM.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
That's weird, it's like it's not finding the movie to load. Do you have the same problem watching flash ones on here?

Also, here's my latest reply to them and their subsquent reply regarding the failure to create directories with the proper chmod:

me:
I see your upload but it won't load on my end to view. I suspect that might be an issue with the mod itself. I'll write them and see what they say.

However, your changes did allow you to upload the video but I still cannot create a new user and that new user upload a file. A new directory for each user is made by the script upon their first upload and its that process that's not being done correctly. Each new user would need me to change their permissions (if I could, and if not I'd write you guys for each new user) when they try to upload for the first time. This obviously isn't the intended way to handle it.

I don't know why their script works perfectly on some servers and not on others. There must be some setting that's different somewhere.

Any further thoughts?

Them:
I don't have any thoughts for now, maybe I'll wait for an update from you on what the authors have to say.

Also, here's my latest reply to them and their subsquent reply regarding the failure to create directories with the proper chmod:

Them: I don't have any thoughts for now, maybe I'll wait for an update from you on what the authors have to say.

I'm not sure what other input I can give on the directory problem. The simple command mkdir('some/folder/I/want/to/make'); that I use works on a vanilla php server. There is some security setting they put in there so that the php user runs as a different user then your account that has permissions to ftp and read files from your directories. So when php creates directories they aren't getting the right permissions. Unfortunately that's about the extend of my security knowledge heh.
Maybe Fillip H. would know a bit more of the right things to ask as he had quite a bit more grasp on the server maintenance then I do.

Not sure on the video as it's gone now, looks like everything in that users directories got cleared out on the server side, the db entry is still there.

I tried to upload and got the same folder problem.

I sent them your reply Dylan. Hopefully what you described triggers something in their mind and/or hopefully Fillip H. has some thoughts as well.

Thanks for working so hard on this... I really appreciated it.

Fillip H., you see this one? I'm not sure what we can ask them to do. Seems like the account creates folders under a different user:group

To be honest I'm not sure either - files and folders created by PHP automatically should be readable and writeable by PHP. Anything else is a misconfiguration somewhere on the server - it's not something I've ever heard of before.

To be honest I'm not sure either - files and folders created by PHP automatically should be readable and writeable by PHP. Anything else is a misconfiguration somewhere on the server - it's not something I've ever heard of before.

I've passed on your reply. I hope they have a thought because there's obviously something wrong as you mentioned but if they can't put a finger on it then I guess I'm out of luck in adding additional gallery instance :(

It's not just instances, a new user in the existing instances will not be able to upload images either.
We could try the suggestion Ozzy made earlier. I can't do it right now as I have bad folders in my userid path in both instances on your server.

Hmmmmm... I haven't had anyone tell me of an upload problem on my main site. There are a number of members who have uploaded photos without a problem. No one lately actually but never heard of a problem before. This issue came up when I tried adding a new instance for video uploads only on my test site.

You're right. I tried uploading with a new user on my main site and I get the same file path error message. Which means something changed along the way somewhere since I have multiple members with photos and albums already uploaded. Very strange...

That's something different that has been around since the start. Thanks for reminding me about that problem btw. I still haven't figured out what's causing it, I'll get back to it now.
This is a new problem and there haven't been any software changes, it sounds more like something was changed/upgraded on the server that screwed up the permissions.

That's something different that has been around since the start. Thanks for reminding me about that problem btw. I still haven't figured out what's causing it, I'll get back to it now.
Awesome, thanx :)

This is a new problem and there haven't been any software changes, it sounds more like something was changed/upgraded on the server that screwed up the permissions.
I just got off the phone with my host and he thinks he might know where the problem lies. He's testing something out and said he'd get back to me tomorrow hopefully. I'll let you know what he says.

OK, we might have an answer to this quandary. My host's message to me is pasted below:
I changed the instances in the file that said:

mkdir($filedir, octdec(0755));

to

mkdir($filedir, 0755);

These are the 2 files that I changed:

/dbtech/gallery/actions/admin/doaddinstance.php
/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php

I just did a test and it ran without any issues.

I spoke with him again today and asked for clarification on the reason for the change. I'll try to repeat it correctly but if not I assume you'll understand.

He said the "octdec" converts the 0755 to a decimal which returns a different number, in this case 0043, which isn't writable. He says Apache doesn't need the "octdec" to work correctly. (I know I didn't relay that totally right but the general idea is correct)

I asked if this fix would still work on other servers since it seems it already works, as is, on other servers. He said it should work but an easy way to write this is to write a basic "If, Then, Else" statement. So for instance write in a check of some sort that if the creation of the directory doesn't return with the correct CHMOD then run it without the "octdec" code. This way the user never sees an error message for this because both contingencies are written for. To me this sounds similar to writing some extra html commands for IE or FireFox depending on what's detected.

Geez I hope this made sense to you guys.

I haven't tried making a new member and uploading yet. I'll try it when I get back in tonight. You have admin access to the test board so you can have a go at anything you need to poke around if it helps any.

I'll write back later tonight once I try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.