Status
Not open for further replies.

angus

Customer
Hey!

The installer finished with following notice:

The installation script created the folders for the default instance but the directory is not writeable. You will need to fix the permissions on the folders for the product to work correctly. Please check the permissions on the dbtech/gallery/images/upload/ and dbtech/gallery/images/upload/1 folders. Once you fix the permissions you can verify that future instances will be created correctly by checking the Image Upload Path in the ACP settings Gallery Image Options area. This is also the location that needs to be changed if you want to modify the file location.

I set and checked the 777 CHMOD several times for the mentioned paths:
dbtech/gallery/images/upload/ and dbtech/gallery/images/upload/1

But the message above appears agaian and again.

Is there any other path that needs extended permissions?

Last edited:
Try bypassing the error and see what happens once it's completed.

Open dbtech/gallery/install/1001.php

At the bottom find

PHP:
if ($error_create)
{
    define('CP_REDIRECT', 'dbtgallery.php?do=finalise&version=100');
    define('DISABLE_PRODUCT_REDIRECT', true);
}

and delete it. The install should go through now but test it out after and make sure images get created correctly.

Installation finished but it doesn´t seems to work.

After uploading an image there is no error message but an "Missing Image" picture

:(

Could still be a permissions issue, I'd have to check the permissions out and see.

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

It looks like the folders are getting created with a different owner/group and really low permissions. (owner/group of 33/33 and permission of 043). Is the server running as an apache module or cgi?
I don't think this is something I'll be able to work it, you might have to talk to your host.

The Server is running as an apache module.

It´s the first time I´m getting such an issue.
Other addons that created folders automatically did their job well.

Do you think it is possible to create all folders manually and set them to 777 chmod?

Not really, each user has it's own directories, so new users would have a problem.
I'm not doing anything special on the directory creation, not sure why it would mess up like that.

I just went through it with Fillip H. and I can find any problems with the code or any way to change it to fix the problem. What other mods do you have that create folders? I checked in there and they all create just files, not folders. Different ball game unfortunately.

I think the best thing is to check with your host and see if they have something that defaults php created directories to 043 or something that's restricting it in some other way. They might know best since it's their servers and they might have dealt with this problem before.

angus, can you remove the folder dbtech/gallery/images/upload/1/3 or fix the permissions on it so I can access it? I believe I have a fix for the problem but I can't test it until I get that folder fixed.

Yes this issue seems to be solved.
Maybe you are able to mention the problem-source? (Only of interest)

But after importing from vb Albums there is an other one right now.

The gallery displays some images more than one times!

F.e. you have a look at following album: AW-Community
In real there are only 2 Pictures to display.

Yes this issue seems to be solved.
Maybe you are able to mention the problem-source? (Only of interest)

But after importing from vb Albums there is an other one right now.

The gallery displays some images more than one times!

F.e. you have a look at following album: AW-Community
In real there are only 2 Pictures to display.

I was running the mkdir command with the permissions in it - mkdir($directory, 0777) but I guess on some hosts it doesn't work so well with their default user permissions. So I changed it to mkdir($directory) then I check if it's writable, if not, try and set it to 755 and if it's still not writable try to change it to 777

Can you link me to the source album on that one? I'm not sure why it's creating multiple images.

I figured out the problem and reran the importer on your site. There are a couple duplicates but they're duplicated in the albums as well, threw me off there for a few heh
Thanks for letting me know about the problem though.

Hello Dylan!

Thank you very much to resolve all these issues.

There are only a couple of resulting questions left:

Dylan said:
I was running the mkdir command with the permissions in it - mkdir($directory, 0777) but I guess on some hosts it doesn't work so well with their default user permissions. So I changed it to mkdir($directory) then I check if it's writable, if not, try and set it to 755 and if it's still not writable try to change it to 777

Do you change the way of running the mkdir command permanently in future versions?

Dylan said:
There are a couple duplicates but they're duplicated in the albums as well

Are you sure?
I checked the few duplicates and didn´t find them in the original albums.

It´s no big deal, because I´ll be able to delete them manually.

Can you tell me what is the meaning of the following function:
profil-image.png

Maybe it´s a kind of bug --> "(Allowed - %1$s)"

You can find it here on DBTech too.

Thanks!

Do you change the way of running the mkdir command permanently in future versions?
Yes, it's changed in the latest version and for future versions.

Are you sure?

Here is one: Bild 2 von 6 aus dem Album Meine kleine Alienecke
Here is the other same image: Bild 8 von 8 aus dem Album M11x R2 White Showroom

Can you tell me what is the meaning of the following function:
View attachment 3359

Maybe it´s a kind of bug --> "(Allowed - %1$s)"

You can find it here on DBTech too.

Thanks!
Where are you seeing that? I dont see it on the dbt site or yours?

Dylan said:
Angus said:
Are you sure?

Here is one: Bild 2 von 6 aus dem Album Meine kleine Alienecke
Here is the other same image: Bild 8 von 8 aus dem Album M11x R2 White Showroom

Thanks for the clarification of the misunderstanding.

Dylan said:
Where are you seeing that? I dont see it on the dbt site or yours?

Please visit the "Add Profile Image" Link in the sub-navbar.

Status
Not open for further replies.