Status
Not open for further replies.

stb74

Customer
Hi

When testing the arcade in IE9 the games load and when you go to play them, the game window refreshes shoing part of the forum template again and then just displays the Begin game button

solution: dont use ie!

:p kidding, though... i dont actually have ie9 around to test with :-/ does it work in ie7/8 mode for now?

solution: dont use ie!

:p kidding, though... i dont actually have ie9 around to test with :-/ does it work in ie7/8 mode for now?

I would so love that to be the case, unfortunatelty most of my users are on IE.

I was testing it as some users got messages "You appear to be playing a game; starting this might forfeit that session." So I tried it myself, in Firefox its fine so I tried IE, I got the problem above. I have asked the users what Browser they are using but nothing back yet.

PS: When importing from v3 Arcade I get the message.

The v3 Arcade live install service must be initiated from your account at v3 Arcade's website. Disregard the AdminCP link shown if your rewrite rules are up to date.

I am registered on the v3 Arcade site but cant find where I enable the live install, any pointers appreciated.

Are you only using v3arcade games, or other types? Can they get any games to work? Let me know what additional details you can get.

As for the live installer: In the top right corner of v3a's site is the Downloads menu, and sample games as the last item in it. From there you can "check out" with the selected games and it will send them to your v3arcade license install url (which you are using vbarcade instead for) when its done.

Most of the games in the arcade where from ibparcade, I have just tried a game in chrome Yeti Sports 1, and you can play ok but when you click on submit, it refreshes the game window and doesn't submit the score.

I might just scrub all the games and import them again and see what happens

It looks like some of the games are working and others not, is there an easy way to remove all games.

Got it.

I have just removed all the games and imported them again and its still the same. Most of the games appear to work grand but these are a couple that dont.

1992, Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot, Duck Hunt 1945 Survival

You can play the game ok but when you click submit for the score either the window of the game goes blank or within the window it appears to load the main arcade page again. Its the same in chrome as well as IE.

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to get IE9 on my mac with a vm, so Ive been able to do some IE testing finally. I confirmed on ie7 the layout is broken and games wont play right, and this small thing fixed the refreshing, so it should help with IE9 as well:

in the template: dbtech_vbarcade_headinclude find

HTML:
if (parent.frames[i].name == 'game')

replace with

HTML:
if (parent.frames[i].name == 'game' || parent.frames[i].playgame)

let me know how it goes now! also remember to revert that template when you are upgrading to the next version, since the other template stuff will take precedence over that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBArcade

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings