Status
Not open for further replies.

bzcomputers

Customer
For some reason I'm longer able to update any current downloads or upload anything new. Downloading still works.

I haven't uploaded or edited anything in Downloads for a few months. Tonight I tried to do some updating and add some new downloads without success.

When trying to attach a new file I seem to always get: "Error: Empty file upload result"

When editing a current download (text edit) when I click save it just returns a blank page and doesn't save the updates. I get the same blank page and no save when trying to save a completely new download.

I haven't updated vB, nor can I think of any other mods I've added that could be causing any issues. Not sure how best to troubleshoot from here.

Can you show me a screenshot of your System Information page in the AdminCP?

e8n794.jpg

Attachments

• sysinfo.jpg
    sysinfo.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 2

It gets me to thinking that when you helped me out with a file sort before something may have broke.

I've added a filename sort on the query in /dbtech/downloads/actions/download.php - see if that works for you :)
from here: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/f80/all-uploads-file-names-and-name-references-are-being-transformed-to-lowercase-text-11829/

Whatever you edited definitely was sorting the files correctly after the edit, but I don't believe I tried uploading anymore after that.

I did a file compare of the file mentioned above on my server to the file that exists in the current 2.1.0 download and they appear identical. Can you check this against the latest version?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I have tested it extensively in the latest version and I am unable to replicate this issue.

I've installed the latest version and I'm still getting the same issue.

I believe it may be related to the mod being installed outside the root, because on a clean install I'm still having the exact same problems. I know it wasn't an issue on earlier versions of 2.x but maybe something has changed since then. My forum is at /forum and the downloads mod is at /downloads.

Previously, with just a chdir change to the forum directory in vbdownloads.php at lines #98 & #116 this was working alright before.

Currently when I go to save a change the resulting page that comes up is completely blank for <div id="content"> but the page framework is all there including all the sidebar content.

Can you please try moving the download script back within forum root and see if that resolves the problem?

Moving it outside root isn't actually supported, so we should try reverting to a supported configuration first :)

Yes, I was able to get it to work by moving the download script within the forum directory.

I didn't know it still wasn't officially supported outside the root. I've had it outside the root since some early version of 1.x with just a few minor changes. My concern now is I have literally hundreds of linkbacks from social networks for the location outside the root. It was definitely working with a previous version of 2.x. I believe it stopped at version 2.1. Could you possibly point me in the direction of what has changed and where I might find a possible forum based url reference that may have been recently added in a save/update script. Thanks.

You can download the version you had working previously and do a full comparison using a tool such as Beyond Compare to see changes in the files.

To my knowledge, nothing has changed that would somehow prevent this from working.

Status
Not open for further replies.