Status
Not open for further replies.

bzcomputers

Customer
I was previously on 2.2.0pl1 and upgraded to 2.2.0pl2 when you issued a fix for quotations in a download name. Now all of my download threads where the download name ends in a number are giving access errors (admins and guests alike - which should all have access to the download pages). Settings for each download category still shows permissions are granted for these users also.

These links/urls previously were appended with a "-a" prior to the download id. It appears this is no longer occurring for some reason and because of it are giving permission errors. If I manually add the "-a" (prior to the download id) into a url which is giving the permission error the page appears to render correctly for all users.

Update: I did also update from DBSEO 1.0.5 to 1.0.7 over this same time too, so the issue could lie there also.

Update 2: I have over 100 download threads that are no longer accessible. They all end in a date (number) and none of those url links are being rewritten correctly. They are all missing a "-a" (which existed previously) prior to the thread id. I am now seeing this impact Google search rankings for numerous pages.

While I am unable to replicate any access errors, I have changed /dbtech/dbseo/library/vbdownloads.php from the vBDownloads package to always append -a to all filtered titles (category, download and file names).

Before I make the update if you want to see what is happening, it is every download page under this section (approximately 100 downloads):

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings