Question Move files between downloads & Permissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benFF

Customer
Just run the DownloadsII importer which worked great.

Two issues though:

1) in DLII, you couldn't group files, so I had them all as separate downloads.

Now with vBDownloads being able to have multiple files per download, I'd like a way to merge the files across (or move them).

Can this be done without a manual edit?

2) How many places are permissions set it? Not of my categories allow downloads (uploads are fine). The usergroup has got the "Can download" permission set to yes, and the permissions for the actually category do have downloads on.

Is there another setting somewhere else too?

Just run the DownloadsII importer which worked great.

Two issues though:

1) in DLII, you couldn't group files, so I had them all as separate downloads.

Now with vBDownloads being able to have multiple files per download, I'd like a way to merge the files across (or move them).

Can this be done without a manual edit?
Hmm... You would need to manually edit the downloadid in the dbtech_downloads_file table. Note that this would mean the file counters would be out of date until you edited and saved each of the individual downloads, but that's just a visual issue really. It would also not merge the download statistics, but again that's just a visual issue that doesn't impact the actual functionality itself.

2) How many places are permissions set it? Not of my categories allow downloads (uploads are fine). The usergroup has got the "Can download" permission set to yes, and the permissions for the actually category do have downloads on.

Is there another setting somewhere else too?
There's only the per-category and per-usergroup settings at this time.

I think I'm going to have to report this as a bug then, as I cannot download from any category - even though the permissions are showing fine and usergroup is done.

Permission denied.

I think there's also a bug in the admin backend code for saving permissions too.

I set them all there using the quick edit, but they show up totally different on the front end category edit.

BTW - for anyone else doing the merge, once you've updated all the fileid, run the following SQL to correct the file count and download count:

Code:
UPDATE vb_dbtech_downloads_download SET numfiles = (SELECT COUNT(fileid) FROM vb_dbtech_downloads_file WHERE vb_dbtech_downloads_file.downloadid=vb_dbtech_downloads_download.downloadid), totaldownloads = (SELECT IFNULL(SUM(downloads), 0) FROM vb_dbtech_downloads_file WHERE vb_dbtech_downloads_file.downloadid=vb_dbtech_downloads_download.downloadid)

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

Ok I found the problem - something on my laptop is blocking the HTTP_REFERER (or at least, my PHP isn't picking it up) - so the hotlinking check was catching it.

Ironically, that error message is the one you 'CBA' to fill in ;)

One more quick question, how did staff get alerted when someone uploads something and it get put in the mod queue?

Currently, there doesn't appear to be any notification. I'll keep this tab open and make sure it gets added in a future feature update :)

Cheers :)

There's also a bug in the downloads log viewer - it's showing the date the file was *uploaded* instead of downloaded.

Cheers :)

There's also a bug in the downloads log viewer - it's showing the date the file was *uploaded* instead of downloaded.

Ok, quick fix for that:

\dbtech\downloads\action\admin\downloadlog.php

Line 110 - Change to:

PHP:
		SELECT downloadlog.dateline AS downloaddate, downloadlog.*, download.*, file.*, user.username

Line 166 - Change to:

PHP:
			$cell[] = '<span class="smallfont">' . vbdate($vbulletin->options['logdateformat'], $log['downloaddate']) . '</span>';

I'll fix this for the next version, thanks :)

It'd be better if you post separate issues in separate threads, to make it easier to keep track of what has been resolved and what's outstanding. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back