Question Can Import Files - not workin g for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

lester

Customer
I have just upgraded to the pro Version. I want to give my moderators the ability to import files from a directory on my server

I want them to be able to import files form the directory on the server and create a file download in vbDownloads for my users.

I have correctly set the (Pro) Path To Imports to a valid directory containing a selection of files that they may want to add to the vbDownloads system.

I have selected YES to the option Can Import Files in the user groiup settings

I can see no other option that requires enabling, but i cannot see any way for the moderators or administrators to import a file form the system directory. When selecting Upload a File the only option seems to be to upload from the users local PC.

Have i mis understood the imprt files option

or have a mis configured the installation

ALSO
Although Allow Private Downloads
is set to No
and
Allow Password Protection
is set to No

private users and set password seem to be available even though i have set the option to NO

ALSO

when moderation is turned on. where does the moderated file go, how do we allow a file to be viewed if its been in moderation.

...is there a user guide???

Hi Lester,

/vbdownloads.php?do=import is the link to the importer, this can be found in the subnav when accessing vBDownloads with a user group that has permission to import files :)

I believe you will need to check the AdminCP for files under moderation, I'm not 100% sure if there's any notifications just now.

Hello lester,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings