Question vb downloads slow download speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertkaye

Customer
Hi,

I run an intranet website with vbulletin and vbdownloads to distrbute internal software.
How come I only get download speed 150-300 kb/s from files in vbdownloads but get 2.5 to 3.0 MB/s when im downloading files attached in forum threads. Everyone is experiencing the same issue from the site.

That's very strange, I can't say that's something we've heard reports of before. Have you tried putting this on a test site on an actual server and see if you can replicate it there?

It is running on a real server and has been doing so for a long time. It has always been like this.

I have not recreated it on a second server. i just find it strange downloads from this plugin are so much slower than from the regular forum. Same machine and all.

Windows 2008R2

I have not encountered anyone running this on a Windows machine before, could you try provisioning a Linux based machine somewhere on the internet and see if that also produces the issue?

We are using vB's built in file downloading functions for downloading the files, which is why I'm very much confused as to what's happening here.

Hello robertkaye,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings