Status
Not open for further replies.

Freekoid

Customer
I noticed in the 'import games' for Kongregate and Armor the game count is rather low compared to their sites that show 1000's

Kongregate ~ 268
Armor ~ 196

Is there any way to download these easily or do I have to pull the .swf from their source code?

There's some cracking dungeon games I spied.. ^.^

both of those guys' "feeds" only offer a small selection.

they dont offer downloads that contain all the game info. i think kng offers nothing, and arm just downloads the swf... both useless for something to upload automatically.

and, because they offer "feeds", i dont want to cause any issues with them by scraping their pages.
so unfortunately, getting games outside of that requires you to compose the game manually from files you save-as and text you copy or write yourself - but they should work after that.

though, that gives me an idea, since i think they offer embed codes. maybe if i give you a place to paste that somewhere, i can use that as permission to go and scrape the individual page :p

update - i just checked both sites.

kongregate only adds a "download this game" link if it appears in the feed, its just the swf. useless.
also, it only composes an embed code if it appears in the feed. pointless.

armor does not offer anything to download. useless.
also, it only offers embed code if it appears in the feed. pointless.

conclusion: nothing further can be done automatically im afraid :-/ you have to put the game together manually for those not appearing in the feeds.

see what i posted a minute ago.

also, both armor and kongregate have their own apis, but its for the games to send their stuff back to the parent sites. mochi does that too, but only mochi will then send that score back to your site.
the scores are sent by the games themselves, so i cant intercept them to read. also, if i try to use local copies of their APIs, they dont work without unique game/dev keys, which are locked up in the games themselves too :(

if you notice something to the contrary let me know, but i did spend a very long time researching both services for anything salvageable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBArcade

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back