Status
Not open for further replies.

rootsxrocks

Customer
I have added several additional buttons but only one has a negative value. I just realized that the Reputation points is completely separate from the Collapse Weighting the instructions show
This is the formula that will be used for weighing a post and seeing if it should be collapsed.
Type the "Varname" from the Edit Buttons interface in brackets, like so: [thanks] or [likes].
and the default formula is [dislikes]-[likes] which is confusing if no decimal numbers are applied. perhaps I am over complicating it in my head by assuming the -# or +# that is applied to rep has relevance here.

What I need to know is how this works so I can form a better formula with my custom buttons.
I have these Buttons
[Thanks] thanks "Thank" 11
[Likes] likes "Likes" 11
[wtf] wtf "wtf" 20
[dislikes] dislikes "slay" -11
[LOL] LOL "LOL" 24
[disagree] disagree "disagree" 0
[nsfw] nsfw "nsfw" 1
[BS] BS "BS" 12

Some of them should count to counter a slay and some should remain neutral or if possible count as 1/2 or 1/3

all cumulative positives counter the cumulative negatives this is how I would writ it as a algebraic equation. if I were going to make LOLs only count 1/2 against a Dislike.
([thanks]+[likes]+([LOL]/2) ) - ([dislikes]) if this equals less than -5 (my setting) then the post should be hidden.

[dislikes] five of these without any of the counter + to save them will be hidden

[wtf] neutral weight
[disagree] neutral weight
[BS] neutral weight

[nsfw ] currently disabled was used in attempt to make the hidden content a spoiler alert .

OK my current formula is [dislikes]-[likes] and the Auto-Collapse Threshold at 5

have I got that inverted ?
should it normally be [likes]-[dislikes] and the Auto-Collapse Threshold at -5

How to I condense the pos. variables before subtracting the single neg var.

am I having a Boolean algebra brain cramp please set me straight ?

I like swords. They are shiny.

Seriously though, if you want to flip something from a positive to a negative you can multiply it by -1.
Wait, thats not even what you asked. I'm so confused right now.

Basically, the outcome of the formula should be a positive number that is equal or greater than the threshold set in the setting below the formula setting.

In other words, if the threshold is 1 and dislikes = 5 and likes = 4, it will get collapsed because there is 1 more dislike than like. That's the way the original formula worked.

Yeah I thought I was over complicating it by assuming a neg number for hiding it.

so Can I use more than add and subtract in the formula ? Can I make a value a fraction ?

But at the moment Far more critical How do I regenerate the Rep that the like buttons gave !
I used the vb Rebuild User Reputation and lost all the rep generated by the Like add on. a significant amount HELP I have to restore that ! I did not realise that the rep generated by the like buttons was so fragile and was not included in the log.

You can use any valid maths symbols so long as you keep track of the parenthesis.

There are no rebuild functions at this point in time, sorry :(

OMG I think I may have to do a full data base restore

I am hoping my server has been on his toes and did a back up last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry for the double post, I did not do it on purpose it may have been a hickup on your server. I thought vb had a feature that prevented that !

Please add a rebuild feature in the next version, there is reason to have to use the rebuild for Reputation and the like add on is definatly replacing the rep system.

sorry for the double post, I did not do it on purpose it may have been a hickup on your server. I thought vb had a feature that prevented that !

Please add a rebuild feature in the next version, there is reason to have to use the rebuild for Reputation and the like add on is definatly replacing the rep system.

You should submit that as a feature request to make absolutely certain it is not overlooked when we are designing the next version =-)

Status
Not open for further replies.