Status
Not open for further replies.

xandyx

Customer
I Really Wanted A Charge Tag In My Editor So I Had A Little Play::

I Have Managed To Put The Charge Tag In The Editor This Is How:

Disable The Product VbCredits II Deluxe - A Must - Otherwise You Can't Add The BBCode

Custom BBcode >> Add New BBcode

Title: Charge
BB Code Tag Name: charge
Replacement: {param}
Example: [charge]{param}[/charge]
Description: [charge=2]Hidden Text[/charge] This Tag Allows The Poster To Charge Members A Given Amount To View Hidden Content. An Amount MUST Be Stated As In This Description Otherwise The Tag Will Not Work.
Use {option}: NO {Important}
Button Image (Optional): images/editor/charge.gif
Remove Tag If Empty: Yes
Disable BB Code Within This BB Code: No
Disable Smilies Within This BB Code: No
Disable Word Wrapping Within This BB Code: No
Disable Automatic Link Parsing Within This BB Code: No

Save.

Enable The Product VbCredits Then Rebuilt Post Cache:: Maintenance >> Update Counters >> Rebuild Post Cache

You Will now Have The Tag In The Editor ~ BUT...

This Is The Problem I Have As You Will Notice It Was Important Not To Use The Option Yes In The Use {option}: When Creating The BBCode
If The Option Is Set To Yes, You Get The Pop-up But The Tag Does Not Work.

The Reason I Presume Is Because The Use {option}: Has Already Been Built In To The Coding Of The Product. And Its Been Asked For Twice.

So When I Now Click On The Tag In The Editor I Get [CHARGE][/CHARGE] With No Option Pop-up So The ={amount} Has To Be Inserted Manually.
When Done This Way Everything Works As It Should

It's Not A Big Problem But It Would Be Great If I Could Use The Tag With The Option Pop-up

Here's How You Could Help:: Am I Able To Remove The Use {option}: In The Vbcredits II Deluxe Product?
If So How?
Or
Has Anyone Found A Better Solution?

Your Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated

...why are you doing this?

vBCredits pro comes with charge tag functionality, which will add an icon to your editor, which will also come with an amount prompt.

It also has the important functionality of you know, working. Since doing it as a custom bbcode won't actually communicate with vBCredits to transfer any currency, or load any hidden content.

Can I ask why you are trying to do it this way instead of use the included functionality? Were you unable to get that working? Was there something you didnt like about it? Did you know it even came with it?

The Icon Has Never Shown In The Editor As It Doesn't In Yours Here At DBTech

That's Why I'm Doing It...Because I've Never Had It...Otherwise I Would Be A Little Silly To Be Even Wasting My Or Your Time...

I Know It Is Supposed To Be There:
vBCredits II - Charge Toolbar - editor_toolbar_end

if ($show['editor_toolbar'] AND $allow_custom_bbcode AND $charge = $vbulletin->options['credits_action_content_bbcode']) $extrabuttons[] = array('buttonimage' => 'images/editor/charge.gif', 'bbcodetag' => $charge, 'tag' => strtoupper($charge), 'twoparams' => 1);

But It Just Don't Work...

Why Has It Never Shown In The Editor And How Can I Fix It ;)

Last edited:
I think the my code was working before they changed to ckeditor. That would be a legitimate bug report which I will work on.

Trying to do a custom bbcode simply will not work because of the supporting behavior (not just the text editor stuff), and will be difficult as you have discovered. Just be patient please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.