heyzeus909

Customer
I would love to have a mod that automatically "expired" old forum attachments based on a couple of variables.

Variable #1 . Admin option to exclude certain usergroup(s) from having their attachments deleted (e.g. paid subscribers, admins, etc.)

Variable #2 . Admin option to only delete old attachments if the user is exceeding their upload limit (so, rather than simply preventing uploads from happening until the user manually deletes files to make room, the oldest attachments would automatically be deleted to make room). The preset upload limit is already predetermined in AdminCP.

If the user could be greeted with the option to download the old attachments that need to be deleted to make room for the new uploads , that would be great (Pro feature?). Also, if the user could be given the option to become a paid subscriber to increase their total upload capacity, thus avoiding having their old attachments deleted, this would also be awesome (it would encourage users to pay for the services they're using, plus it gives them the option of not having to mess with having their old attachments deleted). For example, I have a paypal subscriber usergroup with increased attachment storage capacity - this mod would increase subscriptions.

An attachment manager modification like this would be handy for those of us who have limited space on the server, and who would like to nudge our members to pay for the services they use (e.g., using the site as file storage) rather than having to rely on advertising or donations.

I would certainly invest some money in a mod like this if it meant I would increase paypal subscriptions to cover my costs.

Thanks for your consideration.

Back