Status
Not open for further replies.

Madhatterr

Customer
We have Google Checkout integrated with our boards as one of the ways members can purchase subscriptions, which also means your vbCredits system allows members to purchase credits with it as well.

Would it be possible to make it so that additional payment methods auto-award the credits to the member's account similar to the way Paypal payments do?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It is supposed to work with any integrated paid subscription handler you have - even custom ones. Have you tried it? Admittedly, I only tested with paypal, but the paid subscription stuff is modularized. Can you link (or send) me your google checkout code for me to verify if it isnt working for you?

Yes I've tested them both, the paypal auto-awards but the gcheckout doesn't. I've pm'd you about an e-mail address to send my code to.

Feel free to, theres just been reports of paypal issues which im still working out on a different thread using your same vb version. However, this is for IE not working nor non-ie paying credits for the money

No it doesn't seem you can. I've contacted the Google Checkout support with this issue to see if they have suggestions on how we can add in a second callback url.

So their answer is basically no, there's no way to add a second callback url. Does this mean that getting Google Checkout to autoaward is impossible then? Thanks for taking the time to look into that for us we appreciate it.

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

You will be able to specify a single callback URL for your Google Checkout
account at this time. If you would like to use Google Checkout with
another website, you'll need to create an additional merchant account by
signing up at http://checkout.google.com/sell and specifying your new
site's API callback URL.

Unfortunately, that seems to be the current answer.

There might be a small chance I can make it intercept the request to payment_gateway.php, but the problem with using the paid subscription classes is that they can only be used once before the response has been closed (so i cant test with vbcredits first before defaulting back to vb paidsubs without ruining the paidsub response if thats what it ultimately was). The alternative is having vbcredits-only versions of each of the payment processors, but I think thats just a PITA for everyone and would require my involvement in every case.

For fun, can you try changing your callback url to go to credits.php instead of payment_gateway.php and seeing if it would have otherwise worked with buying credits? It would be helpful for future developments with either vbcredits or gcheckout.

Tested it for you and it actually didn't make a difference on the autoaward.

I put in /credits.php in the callback url instead of /payment_gateway.php?method=gcheckout which is what our Google Checkout plugin required. Did the /credits.php require a ?method=

Well, for now this is on hold until I can see if I can intercept the gcheckout response to payment_gateway without ruining it for paid subs, but it has no eta sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.