Status
Not open for further replies.

MainFrame

Customer
Dear Dragonbyte,

Just wanted to report 2 little style issues, the first one is a border below the active screen button.
Seems to be fine on dragonbyte-tech.com but on my site it has a border and I like it much better without the border. (see my screenshot to see what I mean)

The second one is the collapse/expand button, I think it should be moved up by about 5 pixels, which is not a big issue ofcourse..

Regards,
MainFrame

Attachments

• screen2.png
    screen2.png
    3 KB · Views: 28
I haven't been able to find the cause of either of those two issues, and since it's entirely cosmetic they haven't been high priority.

I've upgraded to 5.0 yesterday, but I still have the line from the screenshot in my last post. It only shows that line in firefox, in IE it looks very nice.
Normally I would just think it's a bug in firefox, but when I look here with firefox it also looks normal.

Tried to compare my site with this one using firebug but can't find any differences in the css code..

Any idea how I can get rid of this line?

Regards,
MainFrame

I fixed the problem with the line and like to share it with you.

I've updated the css template dbtech_vbshout.css and added a bottom line with the color of the background.
Somehow on my site it kept displaying the dark line below the active tabs but with this code it looks fine :-)

.formcontrols .blockrow .dbtech_shouts .dbtech_vbshout_tabs.alt {
border-bottom:1px solid {vb:stylevar postbit_background.backgroundColor};
position:relative;
top:{vb:stylevar dbtech_vbshout_blockhead_borderWidth_active}{vb:stylevar blockhead_border.units};
z-index:2;
}

Hello DragonByte,

I have two style issues with VB 4.02 PL4 :

1) Only with IE7, when I enable Active Users Block, it looks like this :
dbtech1.jpg

2) Could it be possible to have the title "Chatbox" in bold and on the left side, aligned with the other mods (Top 20 Stats on the picture below) ?
dbtech2.jpg

Thank you for this great chatbox, I just moved from vsa chatbox to this vBShout Pro 5 !

Your first problem could be caused by your translation of Active Users. the phrase is a bit longer than the phrase the shoutbox is designed for so it could break things apart.

Your second "problem" could be easely done editing the template and css file something like this:

Edit the template caled "dbtech_vbshout_shoutbox" and from the 4th line remove align="center"

Then replace the 5th line with the following

Code:
		<div class="popupmenu" style="display:inline; float:none; font-weight:bold;">

Is having it left aligned something a lot of you want? We will of course change it if that's the case :)

I fixed the problem with the line and like to share it with you.

I've updated the css template dbtech_vbshout.css and added a bottom line with the color of the background.
Somehow on my site it kept displaying the dark line below the active tabs but with this code it looks fine :-)

.formcontrols .blockrow .dbtech_shouts .dbtech_vbshout_tabs.alt {
border-bottom:1px solid {vb:stylevar postbit_background.backgroundColor};
position:relative;
top:{vb:stylevar dbtech_vbshout_blockhead_borderWidth_active}{vb:stylevar blockhead_border.units};
z-index:2;
}

Seems my fix for the line is no longer working in 5.2.0

Regards,
MainFrame

It's been implemented in 5.2 though I believe :)

Yes it is, but it seems to no longer work in firefox, the dark line below the tab came back.
Tested with IE and also noticed the dark line again.

Still looking into the reason, perhaps it has to do with the order of getting the css props..

I know the dark line is back, it's a side-effect of implementing proper scrolling possibility for tabs (once you have too many tabs, the chat tab line scrolls nicely :))

your right, when I remove the overflow-x:auto; the line is gone, strange how something like the overflow could effect the color of the bottom line..
I hate these css issues.. will try to find a fix with overflow-x:auto enabled and post it here if I find one..

Regards,
MainFrame

Dear Dragonbyte,

I promised to post a fix for this issue when I found one.

To remove the line from active tabs but keep the horizontal scroll you should move the over-x:auto stylevar to another object.
Here's how:

edit template dbtech_vbshout_shoutbox

Remove overflow-x:auto;

Find <li style="clear:both">

Replace with <li style="clear:both;overflow-x:auto">

Regards,
MainFrame

Status
Not open for further replies.