skol

Customer
I've noticed when after uploading all files on all mods that a database error is becoming regular when importing the xml file..Is there any reason for this?

If the error message contains "max_packet_bytes" or something like that then you need to boost that setting in my.cnf / my.ini and restart MySQL :)

Yes I already posted that in a few threads.That won't be available to people on shared hosting without the host changing it..Why are the imports exceeding the minimum limit?

The reason why uploads are exceeding the limit is because of the language table - it serves as a phrase cache. If you open it in phpMyAdmin you'll see that the phrasegroup_<x> columns hold very large arrays.

The more products you install, the more phrases need to be added. When it eventually tips over a certain size, like 1 MB for some shared hosts, it becomes impossible for you to install any more products.

It's quite impossible to fix this on our end - you have to either switch to a less restrictive host or uninstall some large plugins that has lots of phrases in order to make room for more.

Back