Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWS600

Customer
Hi, I have the DragonByte Tech: Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) 3.1.7 installed, and noticed when i click on any of the three thanks/like/dislike buttons i get prompted for the xcache password.

I do have xcache installed, and it is password protected. In the VBOptimise settings I have entered the password so it knows all about it when clearing the cache. Is there somewhere I need to pop this password for Post Thanks/ Like? or is the issue somewhere else?

Many Thanks
Dan.

Can you confirm whether you are prompted for the password when you hit Flush Cache in vB Optimise?

It's possible the XCache password has been entered in the incorrect format. I believe it needs to be put in cleartext in the vBO config.php file, not the md5'd hash found in xcache's ini configuration.

If I go into Admin CP and open VBOptimise and Flush cache, I am not prompted for the password. (it was some time ago until i put the password in the vboptimise config file, its not asked since)

That's very odd, since both mechanisms call the exact same code in order to clear the cache.

The easiest way for both of us to fix this would be to disable the authentication. As far as I can tell, authentication is only designed to protect someone from flushing the cache via the administration interface (xcache-admin.php).

Yes very odd. As VBOptimise didn't seem to bring up an error clearing the cache, so I assumed it was clearing the cache. retypes the xcache password in vboptimise/config.php in non md5 format, and now the post thanks likes is working.

All seems to be good now. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.