Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger

Customer
Two problems and a question so far ... :)

1. Don't see any additions to the Navbar or under "Community Links" or "Quick Links" ... :confused:

2. Thought it might be due to the fact we haven't added a mailing list yet, so went to the "Manage Mailing List" option area tried to do that. Discovered there's absolutely (on our screen) any place to ADD or SUBMIT the mailing list information once it's filled in. :confused:

3. Couldn't find any instructions on how to use this mod. ie: we'd like to send out a monthly site newsletter.

Regards,
Doug

Last edited:
1. Don't see any additions to the Navbar or under "Community Links" or "Quick Links" ... :confused:
Please try flushing vB Optimise cache.

2. Thought it might be due to the fact we haven't added a mailing list yet, so went to the "Manage Mailing List" option area tried to do that. Discovered there's absolutely (on our screen) any place to ADD or SUBMIT the mailing list information once it's filled in. :confused:
I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but if you click the "Add New Mailing List" or "Save" button (or hit Enter when you've clicked, say, the Title field) you will be able to save the information :)

Please note that if you have Suhosin and see the Suhosin warning, you need to configure the mailing list info and the usergroup permissions info separately.

3. Couldn't find any instructions on how to use this mod. ie: we'd like to send out a monthly site newsletter.
There's currently no manual, and there's currently no option of sending an automated mailing list. That will be an option in a future version, though :)

Sorry, forgot to post pic ... ;)

I solved problem number one by having to reload the XML file a second time and now the selections appear on all styles... :confused:

Regards,
Doug

There's currently no manual, and there's currently no option of sending an automated mailing list. That will be an option in a future version, though :)

If there's no option of being able to send out a newsletter to a mailing list with this mod, then perhaps I've misunderstood what's the point of it?

Regards,
Doug

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-06-25 at 7.51.54 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-06-25 at 7.51.54 AM.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
You're aware of the weekly mail we send out here at DBTech, yeah?

That's the kind of mail you're able to send out with vBMail currently :)

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but if you click the "Add New Mailing List" or "Save" button (or hit Enter when you've clicked, say, the Title field) you will be able to save the information :)

I don't see any "save" button and if I hit enter at any field nothing happens. :confused:

Where in the pic I posted is that button supposed to appear?

Thanks

Regards
Doug

Please PM me with an FTP account and an AdminCP account with at least Can Admin vBMail, and I should be able to solve this :)

EDIT: There's an issue preventing the "Can Admin vBMail" words to appear in the admin permissions screen. It should be the bottom-most setting that's blank.

Please PM me with an FTP account and an AdminCP account with at least Can Admin vBMail, and I should be able to solve this :)

EDIT: There's an issue preventing the "Can Admin vBMail" words to appear in the admin permissions screen. It should be the bottom-most setting that's blank.

Yup. you have a problem of some sort with your Admin Permissions. See pic attached ...

Even if I click the empty field (no description), setting it yo YES which I assume is your mod's, there's still no "save" option ...

You already have access to our AdminCP which was used to sort out issues with "Hover Pro" mod....

I'll send that info in a PM...

Regards,
Doug

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-06-25 at 9.56.11 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-06-25 at 9.56.11 AM.png
    78 KB · Views: 1
I've already updated the XML file with a fix for that issue, it's not a big deal though.

I'll check it out and post back when I have a solution :)

I've already updated the XML file with a fix for that issue, it's not a big deal though.

I'll check it out and post back when I have a solution :)

Thanks ... :)

I guess I should re-download a new version from my Customer area?

Also, yes... what you're doing with your weekly site email is exactly what I'd like to do on a monthly basis, sending something updating members on the site's latest features, as well as linking members to some of the best threads and content posted in the last month.

I assume that I can do that with vbMail?

Regards,
Doug

This is the display I'm presented with when going to vBMail:

Untitled.png

Unfortunately I cannot replicate the issue you describe on your forum.

After downloading again your recent update with the fix, the option now appears properly in the AdminCP Permissions screen (see attached) and also when I try to add a mailing list, I now see more data, including the button at the bottom that says "Add New Mailing List"....

I will continue testing ... thanks .. :)

Regards,
Doug

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-06-25 at 10.36.14 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-06-25 at 10.36.14 AM.png
    114.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Screen shot 2011-06-25 at 10.35.11 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-06-25 at 10.35.11 AM.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 0
Think I have it understood now .. :)

Do I understand correctly, that if I create a nicely done graphics email using ths product using BBCodes for links and pics, that this product will convert it into HTML so email readers will see the same type graphically representation that has clickable links etc, when they read the resulting email they receive?

Thanks ... looks like a really nice product and will fill our newsletter needs (and more) quite nicely.... :D

Far superior to some of the complicated and largely unworkable products we bought and tried from other vBulletin software vendors.;)

Regards,
Doug

Thanks .. :)

I just noticed that unregistered guests are able to see the Mailing List link in the "Quick Links" drop down box, click on it, see the available lists, then select "View Mailing List History"?

Is there some way of controlling usergroups who have access to the links in the drop down boxes?

Regards,
Doug

I just noticed that unregistered guests are able to see the Mailing List link in the "Quick Links" drop down box, click on it, see the available lists, then select "View Mailing List History"?

Is there some way of controlling usergroups who have access to the links in the drop down boxes?

Regards,
Doug

I've asked for the same stuff, so hopefully it'll get added.

Basically, I don't want anyone looking at history but those I say can.

I also don't want people seeing mailing lists they cannot subscribe to.

Been creating and testing functionality ....

How does one delete the "testing" emails that are in Mail History, once I'm done with them? Can't seem to find a delete function ...

Also, doesn't handle images converting from vBulletin to HTML?

Example, in vBulletin, this would produce a thumbnail pic that when clicked upon, it would open up and show larger pic.

[url=http://photos.imageevent.com/badgerdog/canadianservicerifles/194344enfieldno4mk1asc433/DSC02870.JPG][IMG]http://photos.imageevent.com/badgerdog/canadianservicerifles/194344enfieldno4mk1asc433/icons/DSC02870.JPG[/IMG][/url]

In vbMail, it converts to just ...

http://photos.imageevent.com/badgerdog/canadianservicerifles/194344enfieldno4mk1asc433/icons/DSC02870.JPG

There's no imbedded pic?

Regards,
Doug

ps: have found some bugs when clicking links in view history, that I'll document and forward when I get some time.

I've asked for the same stuff, so hopefully it'll get added.

Basically, I don't want anyone looking at history but those I say can.

I also don't want people seeing mailing lists they cannot subscribe to.

Yup ... :(

I did some more testing and discovered that anyone can "view" the mailing history and read any previously sent email, regardless of their usergroup status.

I'm not sure what the logic of this is, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding why this is designed this way with no usergroup access controls for viewing history.

We'll need to handle this somehow before we could go live with vbMail ....

Regards,
Doug

I'll look into it.

Roger that ...

Thanks .. :D

By the way, I've attached the screen we see when we view any one of the test emails we've sent. (see attached)

Is it supposed to skewed all the way to right like that, away from the field identifiers?

Thanks..

Regards,
Doug

ps: and if I click on the link "Mail History", I get an ERROR with a Go Back button .... Invalid Action. Go Back.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-06-25 at 5.31.08 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-06-25 at 5.31.08 PM.png
    145.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
The logic is that when developing the product, the notion that someone wanted a staff-only mailing list did not enter my mind, and as such protecting data people already received in their inbox seemed like a waste :)

Status
Not open for further replies.