Status
Not open for further replies.

Mv.c9

Customer
ok, first I was thinking to myself, "dont post another thread that would make you look like a complete idiot, study the problem, im sure there is a way." so . . .

When I installed this it was so excited because it was what i was looking for a long time, anyway, when i wanted the Upload something rar file. I got upload error, not only on that, but on ALL other files and images as well.

Things I did to make sure:

1. I said to myself "Hey, this is for sure typical PHP problem, your host is not letting you upload a damn," then I uploaded normally, it worked !!!!! so the problem wasnt host based.
  2. I said again, "Marvin, how could you be so blind, did you check extensions ?" then i checked, the file was "rar" and i had put it there earlier, even so, all the jpeg files got Uploading error as well. so certainly this was also not the problem.
  3. Again I talked, "of course, vBulleting limitaion for each extention" then i realized all are set to 100 MB. so that is also not the problem.
  4. Then out of desperation I said, it might be SQL problem, its always the database's fault! thos SOBs always give you error. I contacted my host, they said, nope, no such problem.
  5. As a last resort I said again, how about this, the file was uploaded outside of the public_html so it must be it !! but then again, the whole thing is treated as one, so if i cant do in in the public_html, i cant do it on the outside.
so i though to ask you what is the reason i get this error ? hope to resolve it because um . . . its a bit important :p

BTW. my host uploading limit is 64MB, the file i was uploading was 17MB.

ok, first I was thinking to myself, "dont post another thread that would make you look like a complete idiot, study the problem, im sure there is a way." so . . .

When I installed this it was so excited because it was what i was looking for a long time, anyway, when i wanted the Upload something rar file. I got upload error, not only on that, but on ALL other files and images as well.

Things I did to make sure:

1. I said to myself "Hey, this is for sure typical PHP problem, your host is not letting you upload a damn," then I uploaded normally, it worked !!!!! so the problem wasnt host based.
  2. I said again, "Marvin, how could you be so blind, did you check extensions ?" then i checked, the file was "rar" and i had put it there earlier, even so, all the jpeg files got Uploading error as well. so certainly this was also not the problem.
  3. Again I talked, "of course, vBulleting limitaion for each extention" then i realized all are set to 100 MB. so that is also not the problem.
  4. Then out of desperation I said, it might be SQL problem, its always the database's fault! thos SOBs always give you error. I contacted my host, they said, nope, no such problem.
  5. As a last resort I said again, how about this, the file was uploaded outside of the public_html so it must be it !! but then again, the whole thing is treated as one, so if i cant do in in the public_html, i cant do it on the outside.
so i though to ask you what is the reason i get this error ? hope to resolve it because um . . . its a bit important :p

BTW. my host uploading limit is 64MB, the file i was uploading was 17MB.
Did you get any error message? If so, could you post that.

Im getting uploading error on all files. i searched the whole forum i found the CHMOD 777, can someone elxpalin what it is, and will it solve my problem ?

I kinda have a feeling this question is being neglected, I have literally been awake the last 10 hours making the total of unsleep hours to 47, refreshing DragonBye, and all i see . . . is nothing, i been on the "whose online" for several hours, and i see people get on and off. but the thread is untouched.

My assumptions are:

1. this question is too obvious that aswering it would be a crime, hence you want me to find my little silly mistake by myself.

2. this question is so complicated that your working on a new version as we speak.

3. this question is not giving you enough info, but then again, why not tell me that !

I know i shouldnt be expecting much, but the whole PURPOSE of this addon is failing for me, so i would appreciate if you helped me in the process. not as duty, but as favor to a fellow user ?

Hey,

When this thread was posted I had gone to sleep. I've been answering posts when I get a spare minute during today. I won't be able to fully investigate this until I get home!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Hey,

When this thread was posted I had gone to sleep. I've been answering posts when I get a spare minute during today. I won't be able to fully investigate this until I get home!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Ok, thanks, ill be waiting. the thing is i saw you online all the time in "whose online" didnt occured to me that you were actually using the phone.

I have an Uploading Error too.

After 15-18 MB comes IO Server Error. And if i shut down Flash Upload comes "Server Timeout"

Could you send me a screenshot of your "Manage Extensions" page and your "Manage System" page please.

Hey,

I've identified a small bug that prevented uploading in the last update I did. This is fixed now. Re-download the files in your customer area and re-upload them to fix this! :)

Hey,

I've identified a small bug that prevented uploading in the last update I did. This is fixed now. Re-download the files in your customer area and re-upload them to fix this! :)

thanks, it worked. I hope you get back soon and do all the "under consideration" suggestions, or at least "accept" them :)

thanks, it worked. I hope you get back soon and do all the "under consideration" suggestions, or at least "accept" them :)

The feature list isn't set until just before work on the new version begins (so don't be alarmed if the status stays at under consideration). vBDownloads is just off of a 4 or 5 month development cycle, so it'll be a couple of months before a new version is out.

Cosmic

The feature list isn't set until just before work on the new version begins (so don't be alarmed if the status stays at under consideration). vBDownloads is just off of a 4 or 5 month development cycle, so it'll be a couple of months before a new version is out.

Cosmic

ThanX, though there are some essential features that i think would be very useful for vBdownloads, i posted some of them, the screenshot thing is not essential, but the category organizer is it. i know . . . i know . . . you said once "you cant believe what users consider as essential" and its acceptable, but then again, imagine a guy that has 100 categories, he will go crazy.I have 14 categories in the first day and it will increase to 100 sometime soon. so thats why i do think that something like that would be essential.

anyway, i wont force you back in to developement. i just hope the time comes soon enough :) (any news on that would be appreciated)

ThanX, though there are some essential features that i think would be very useful for vBdownloads, i posted some of them, the screenshot thing is not essential, but the category organizer is it. i know . . . i know . . . you said once "you cant believe what users consider as essential" and its acceptable, but then again, imagine a guy that has 100 categories, he will go crazy.I have 14 categories in the first day and it will increase to 100 sometime soon. so thats why i do think that something like that would be essential.

anyway, i wont force you back in to developement. i just hope the time comes soon enough :) (any news on that would be appreciated)

Best bet is to keep your eye on the dev blogs - what the coders are working on at any given time is in there :)

Cosmic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings