Status
Not open for further replies.

Edrondol

Customer
Okay, so my users are asking if they can have some unique cards. I know that we can add new cards but as I have yet to purchase the FFVII set I figure I can bring these in and let them be bought but not allow the computer to have them (right now).

My question is, can I buy the FFVII set and instead of importing it move the image files to the current FFVIII red/blue folders? If I do that I assume I'll have to set up each card individually for points just as if I'd made them by hand, right?

You could yes, there's no limit on the number of cards within a set and you can use the images within the set for any purpose within TT. Keep in mind however that the sets are relatively balanced so mixing 2 sets might cause unbalance.

Another idea might be duplicating existing cards within the FF8 set but with different images (say, made from high resolution screencaps of the FF8 game). The card would have the same values (or slightly modified if you like) but look "better" than the stock. This wouldn't interupt balance if the card values remained the same or very-close :)

105x130px, it can be different slightly but it'll work funky in game as animation will resize it back to 105x130px. As with any image in the game, you can change it, just keep the dimensions :)

Another trick is when you create your cards you can set the value or rarity from 0-1000 by setting this value to say 800-1000 makes the card very rare to get ahold of, meaning the computer will not use this card much and it won't appear in the packs bought as often. I'm thinking of re-doing some of the final fantasy 8 cards or adding in ones that aren't in final fantasy 8 default deck (for instance Ultimecia, Griever, Elone, Raine) and maybe make these additionals to your existing FF* deck, all you'd need to do is add a new card type called Special editions (or Rare/Uniques) and make those cards in there all rarity values of 800-1000).

Status
Not open for further replies.