Status
Not open for further replies.

rootsxrocks

Customer
I figured out how to set this to the auto and it appear on the forum page, and I also was able to edit the Arcade templates to put it in the arcade and below the games. But I would like to make it appear in the today's post search result without making it appear on every page like it does when you put it in the Navbar template.

Can you tell me what template to look for to make it appear in the User CP, the whats new results or a specific forum ?

Also If I create multiple instances does all of those show the same thing or are the completely different chat rooms ?

Third when I was at my Moms house I had a popup that said I needed to install either QuickTime or flash unfortunately when I went to the main arcade tab, and it was only after I allowed that plug in that I saw the chat room, are there any plug in requirements for users to see the chat window ?

I didn't take note of which. but just now when I went to the chat window I had a QuickTime update popup that reminded me of it.

Can you tell me what template to look for to make it appear in the User CP, the whats new results or a specific forum ?
Usercp would be USERCP_SHELL most likely.

Specific forum: FORUMDISPLAY, wrap it in a <vb:if condition="$foruminfo['forumid'] == x">

What's new: Sorry, don't know that one.

Also If I create multiple instances does all of those show the same thing or are the completely different chat rooms ?
Sorry, I don't know what you're asking here, could you rephrase please?

Third when I was at my Moms house I had a popup that said I needed to install either QuickTime or flash unfortunately when I went to the main arcade tab, and it was only after I allowed that plug in that I saw the chat room, are there any plug in requirements for users to see the chat window ?
vBShout requires QuickTime until such a time as HTML5 becomes a viable alternative (basically when most people use browsers that support it). vBArcade requires Flash.

Specific forum: FORUMDISPLAY, wrap it in a <vb:if condition="$foruminfo['forumid'] == x">

Dang the whats new or today's post search results was the one I needed most, no one goes to the forum first anymore.

Sorry, I don't know what you're asking here, could you rephrase please?

I have created {vb:raw show.vbshout_instance1} and if I go on to create another instance will it have the same chats displayed or is it entirely a new room with it's own logs and permissions.

vBShout requires QuickTime until such a time as HTML5 becomes a viable alternative (basically when most people use browsers that support it). vBArcade requires Flash.
That explains it QuickTime, I knew flash was for the games but only when you load one not in the lobby.

Entirely new room with its own archive and permissions, that's why it's a different instance and not just a chat room within an instance :)

Thanks for the clarification I just wanted to be sure so I didn't accidentally put a private conversation on a public page, Now an unrelated question, How did the tags in this thread get there ? I have an auto tagger but it only picks up words in the title , this seems much nicer ?

It will break a number of profile links in mods due to me not having figured out how to create the links in a format that will work even if vbseo is installed but either deactivated or certain settings are off.

Well then I'll just wait on that LOL Now if I still have your attention in this thread is there anything in db mods (thanks /Like pay to view credits ) that would make my attachment screen look like this its not broke but the longer i leave it unknown the more it worries me https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/sho...ment-Manager-Attachment-Type-Content-Type-box

---------- Post added 6th November 2011 at 15:50 ---------- Previous post was 5th November 2011 at 01:07 ----------

It will break a number of profile links in mods due to me not having figured out how to create the links in a format that will work even if vbseo is installed but either deactivated or certain settings are off.

I should use the quote to bring it to your attention and now I am on to see if notifications will help with my site afterall.

APTL does not do anything regarding Attachment Content Types. That sort of dispay commonly occurs if someone is trying to access a string as an array.

Fillip H. Thanks, I am just sorting wither I need both the notifications and tagging now, or if I choose just one which will be the best. I like the pop ups but they disappear to fast for my slow self . particularly notifying that you have been mentioned or quoted was what I was seeking. but I have been shopping for a hot or not script for photos and a gallery too and really haven't made the money to pay for any of them LOL, but I suppose I am building the site for my pleasure as much as anything.

Fillip H. Thanks, I am just sorting wither I need both the notifications and tagging now, or if I choose just one which will be the best. I like the pop ups but they disappear to fast for my slow self . particularly notifying that you have been mentioned or quoted was what I was seeking. but I have been shopping for a hot or not script for photos and a gallery too and really haven't made the money to pay for any of them LOL, but I suppose I am building the site for my pleasure as much as anything.

You should try out the Lite versions - they're actually very strong feature-wise (Our mods tend to start out at about 80% lite features to 20% pro features and slowly move towards 50/50 as they are updated). It's possible the lite versions will have all the features you need - or maybe one will and that makes the decision of buying the OTHER easier ^.^

Cosmic

Ok I have maneged to find placed to show the chat room but it reloads every tiome you navigate from one page to another, is there a way to keep it from reloading when it is on the following page Like caching without making it turn static.

Status
Not open for further replies.