Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberforum

Customer
Hello.
After installing the hack has several errors:

1. Control buttons does not work in the forum. Established checks are not saved. Even if i manually set the dbtech_thanks_disabledbuttons field in the database, nothing happens.

2. When entering the user's page at the top of the page displays the error:
Code:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/functions.php(1445) : eval()'d code on line 5

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/functions.php(1445) : eval()'d code on line 57

3. When saving button in the admin panel:
Code:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/dbtech/thanks/actions/admin/button.php on line 321

Last edited:
Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

More bugs:
1. Reputation is not added after click thanks button (there are no rows in the table vb_reputation). Moreover, I do not find anywhere where it had added to the table.
2. On the user's page in the list of all the thanks/likes from other users have a lot of blank pages at the end.
Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?
I'll do it and I will write later.

Nothing in the mod will work if your server or forum cannot correctly save the settings in this mod. It's a server issue that I hope to be able to resolve.

1. Control buttons does not work in the forum. Established checks are not saved. Even if i manually set the dbtech_thanks_disabledbuttons field in the database, nothing happens.
I am unable to replicate this issue. I edited post 2535891 in thread 430461 on your forum, and it worked perfectly.

2. When entering the user's page at the top of the page displays the error:
Code:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/functions.php(1445) : eval()'d code on line 5

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/functions.php(1445) : eval()'d code on line 57
If you mean profiles, I do not see this error. If you meant another page, please be more specific :)

3. When saving button in the admin panel:
Code:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/dbtech/thanks/actions/admin/button.php on line 321
Resolved :)

1. Reputation is not added after click thanks button (there are no rows in the table vb_reputation). Moreover, I do not find anywhere where it had added to the table.
I am unable to replicate this issue. I clicked Thanks for post 2400195 in thread 430461 on your forum, and it worked perfectly, reputation was added.

2. On the user's page in the list of all the thanks/likes from other users have a lot of blank pages at the end.
I am unable to replicate this issue on my own profile or any profile I've inspected. Please point me towards a user that's affected by this.

I am unable to replicate this issue. I edited post 2535891 in thread 430461 on your forum, and it worked perfectly.
It is in the admin panel, buttons control in the forums (/admincp/thanks.php?do=forum). Settings are not saved. The fact that there is established, made by hand in the database.
If you mean profiles, I do not see this error. If you meant another page, please be more specific
It'll fix itself yesterday :)
How? Will it be in a future release?
I am unable to replicate this issue. I clicked Thanks for post 2400195 in thread 430461 on your forum, and it worked perfectly, reputation was added.
I checked, there are no rows in the table vb_reputation by your forum account.
I am unable to replicate this issue on my own profile or any profile I've inspected. Please point me towards a user that's affected by this.
/members/1.html?tab=thanks&perpage=20&page=660#thanks

Last edited:
It is in the admin panel, buttons control in the forums (/admincp/thanks.php?do=forum). Settings are not saved. The fact that there is established, made by hand in the database.
That is because you are running PHP 5.3.9 or newer, and max_input_vars is too restrictive. Please edit php.ini and change max_input_vars to 10000 or higher.

How? Will it be in a future release?
I resolved it on your site and in the release package.

I checked, there are no rows in the table vb_reputation by your forum account.
It does not insert rows into the reputation table, so that's 100% intended :)

/members/1.html?tab=thanks&perpage=20&page=660#thanks
Ah, yeah that's a known issue and will hopefully be fixed in a future version, but for now it is not possible to resolve that.

That is because you are running PHP 5.3.9 or newer, and max_input_vars is too restrictive. Please edit php.ini and change max_input_vars to 10000 or higher.
I set the value to 20000 (after that, 50000). Still does not save.
It does not insert rows into the reputation table, so that's 100% intended
But why did you do it away from the forum's reputation system? If this mod to remove that reputation will be with?

Last edited:
I set the value to 20000 (after that, 50000). Still does not save.
Did you remember to restart Apache after each time you changed it? According to your PHP Info page you didn't do that, as your web server still believes the value is 1000.

But why did you do it away from the forum's reputation system?
Because the reputation system is not extendable in that way. It would mean only 1 button could give reputation (instead of all, if you wished) and clicking a button meant they could not use the reputation system for that post.

This was a design decision that we felt made the most amount of sense.

Did you remember to restart Apache after each time you changed it? According to your PHP Info page you didn't do that, as your web server still believes the value is 1000.
I restarted it, but the variables are not changed. I found that out later with the administrators.
Because the reputation system is not extendable in that way. It would mean only 1 button could give reputation (instead of all, if you wished) and clicking a button meant they could not use the reputation system for that post.
What do I need to do to save users reputation after removing the mod?

By the way, maybe your event handlers online_location_* not compatible with vbseo because after clicking on the link /members/1.html#thanks current activity displays "Unknown location /thanks.php?do=profilenotif".

I restarted it, but the variables are not changed. I found that out later with the administrators.
In that case you will need to contact your host.

What do I need to do to save users reputation after removing the mod?
It will be saved, but if you ever recalculate the reputation system via vBulletin, the reputation from this mod will be lost. There is no way to work around that.

By the way, maybe your event handlers online_location_* not compatible with vbseo because after clicking on the link /members/1.html#thanks current activity displays "Unknown location /thanks.php?do=profilenotif".
We don't supply online location handlers (only dummy files, designed for ease of use for the future) with most of our mods at this point in time.

It will be saved, but if you ever recalculate the reputation system via vBulletin, the reputation from this mod will be lost. There is no way to work around that.
Is it possible to make a version with vbulletin reputation system?

Users complain that reputation in the day, the next day it disappears. Actually, a lot of complaints about the reputation after installing this mod.
How it would have been easier if it was compatible with the native reputation system...

Last edited:
does not work...
Sorry but I can't assist you in communication issues you have with your host. Once they have assisted you in boosting the value (check the "View PHP Info" under the Maintenance section in the ACP and search for max_input_vars).

Is it possible to make a version with vbulletin reputation system?
Sorry, no. The limitations in my previous post prohibits that from being possible :(

Sorry, no. The limitations in my previous post prohibits that from being possible
Then I have to cancel your product. There are a lot of errors, and the approach to the realization I have personally is in serious doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.