Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianC

Customer
I am not able to get the Slider to display on either the cms or forum. I have gone though the settings and think I have it correct. I was able to display the previous version. Not sure how to proceed. It looks like nice improvements from 2.0.

You just need to specify how many of each content items you want displayed for the various content types, in both the forum and CMS. Currently, they are all set to 0, hence the reason nothing is displaying.

Thanks for the fast response! I am able to see in forums now but still not in CMS. Anything else I am missing??

Sorry, been out trying to fix the wife's car. Still not done, but I need to get up for work in about 4 1/2hrs... Anyway, I've messed around with it for awhile and can't get it to load the widget at all. I need to do some troubleshooting with the file, but it's going to have to wait until tomorrow, or possibly Wednesday, as I need to get my wife's car back on the road. I put in just some simple test code into the widget, and even it didn't get fully displayed, so there is some definite debugging to be done. Maybe if you're lucky, Fillip H. will be bored tomorrow and want to take a look at it.

Good luck with the car....Too bad you can't fix that with a keyboard:rolleyes:

FYI...I had gone from version 2 to version 3 and back to version 2 after getting some CMS error that you now have a hotfix for. I thought the issue may have resulted from the overwriting ect so I just uninstalled, delted all slider files and droped anything from the database with slider. I did a new 3.0 slider install and have the same issue. No CMS slider is being displayed. So I believe I should have eliminated anything with files etc.....

Thanks!

I fixed it on your site; there was a block of code that was preventing the slider from displaying on the CMS.

There is another issue. Moving the widget to another location in the layout manager has cause the widget to disappear. You can only see the part of the frame of the widget. Moving it back to where it orignally was does not allow it to be visible either.

Thanks, Brian

Did you clear the CMS cache after you moved the widget? Not sure if that's this issue, but it was the first thing that came to mind. Unfortunately, I can't look at it right now.

Brad via Tapatalk

Sorry about that. I had left some other code in there by accident that I had been testing. This was causing the slider not to show on the CMS. I have applied another hotfix to the product download. Please download again, and reupload the /dbtech/vbslider/actions/widget.php file to your site and that should fix that issue.

OK, re-uploaded and now it works. Unfortunately my homepage is filled with warnings and a lot of garbaje like encripted code... also my Vbshout widget get affected so Im rolling back to previus version that works fine for me.

Can you try the attached file? It goes in /dbtech/vbslider/actions/ . Overwrite the original file. The garbage is the image file it is trying to retrieve. Oh, just thought of something... Can you see if the following folder exists? /dbtech/vbslider/images/externalimages . Also, make sure the permissions are set to 755.

Attachments

Can you try the attached file? It goes in /dbtech/vbslider/actions/ . Overwrite the original file. The garbage is the image file it is trying to retrieve. Oh, just thought of something... Can you see if the following folder exists? /dbtech/vbslider/images/externalimages . Also, make sure the permissions are set to 755.

Still no luck :(

Hmm... send me a link to your site and I'll take a look. Did you notice if there were any files in the externalimages folder? Just trying to see if its completely failing or not...

Brad via Tapatalk

Before I ask for ACP access, can you enable it for a minute and copy (or get a screen shot) the error msgs? I don't need/want the garbage text, just the error messages. That will help me get a feel for the issue.

Brad via Tapatalk

Ok, the error msgs:

Warning: fopen([path]/dbtech/vbslider/images/externalimages/thread-257.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSoBBklm03ByauJJSivUPQVWGmCnYC7CtJC-8tx8r-7cgpHQPLG&t=1) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/dbtech/vbslider/actions/widget.php on line 433

Warning: curl_setopt(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in [path]/dbtech/vbslider/actions/widget.php on line 437

Ok, I know what the issue is, now I just need to figure out how to get it to work. I looked at the thread that contained the image that caused the error. Its an image, but it isn't being loaded as a typical JPG or PNG file. Its set up like the Gallery, where the URL is a generated URL so that the real image location is never shown (similar to regular vb attachments as well). So, I just need to figure out how to work around that...

Status
Not open for further replies.