Status
Not open for further replies.

Jem

Customer
I am placing this here as I am unsure as to the proper forum. This mod may or may not be the root of the issue. Please help me.

Seeing the new mod manager product and many security releases from DBT over the last few days, I decided to update all of my mods to be current, then install the manager. I uploaded ALL the files from ALL the mods i use, then proceeded to install the XML files. After doing the one for VBcredits I encountered the following DB error:

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.0:

Invalid SQL:
SELECT * FROM credits_pending WHERE checkstamp <= 1348334707 AND userid = 3 ORDER BY checkstamp ASC LIMIT 1;

MySQL Error : Table 'ttnb_new.credits_pending' doesn't exist
Error Number : 1146
Request Date : Saturday, September 22nd 2012 @ 12:25:07 PM
Error Date : Saturday, September 22nd 2012 @ 12:25:07 PM
Script : TTNB
Referrer : TTNB
IP Address : 50.30.234.219
Username : dubyahhh
Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi
MySQL Version : 5.5.27

I thought ok... I tried to do too much at once, I'll just restore from backup, and recieved the following error:

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.0:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT
userfield.*, usertextfield.*, user.*, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(passworddate) AS passworddate, user.languageid AS saved_languageid,
IF(displaygroupid=0, user.usergroupid, displaygroupid) AS displaygroupid,
language.phrasegroup_global AS phrasegroup_global,
language.phrasegroup_dbtech_notifications AS phrasegroup_dbtech_notifications,
language.phrasegroupinfo AS lang_phrasegroupinfo,
language.options AS lang_options,
language.languagecode AS lang_code,
language.charset AS lang_charset,
language.locale AS lang_locale,
language.imagesoverride AS lang_imagesoverride,
language.dateoverride AS lang_dateoverride,
language.timeoverride AS lang_timeoverride,
language.registereddateoverride AS lang_registereddateoverride,
language.calformat1override AS lang_calformat1override,
language.calformat2override AS lang_calformat2override,
language.logdateoverride AS lang_logdateoverride,
language.decimalsep AS lang_decimalsep,
language.thousandsep AS lang_thousandsep

FROM user AS user
LEFT JOIN userfield AS userfield ON (user.userid = userfield.userid)
LEFT JOIN usertextfield AS usertextfield ON (usertextfield.userid = user.userid) LEFT JOIN language AS language ON (language.languageid = IF(user.languageid = 0, 1, user.languageid))

WHERE user.userid = 102;

MySQL Error : Table 'ttnb_new2.userfield' doesn't exist
Error Number : 1146
Request Date : Saturday, September 22nd 2012 @ 02:29:28 PM
Error Date : Saturday, September 22nd 2012 @ 02:29:28 PM
Script : TTNB
Referrer : http://forum.sadaar.net/showthread.php?3234-Change-One-Word/page29
IP Address : 205.188.116.137
Username :
Classname : vB_Database_MySQLi
MySQL Version :

I don't know what happened, but I probably made it worse. I cannot access any part of vBulletin at this time, but can access the database via phpmyadmin or ssh.

Please assist. I love your mods, and have two pro licences.

Until Darkwaltz4 can address this, you can add
PHP:
define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
to your config.php file directly beneath <?php, then disable vbcredits from the Product & Plugins menu.

Thank you Fillip H. - This method worked. I have the site running properly with hooks enabled but with vbCredits disabled.

I noticed a strange artifact, some of the adminCP options are mislabeled. Example: Under vBNominate there is an entry for *[dbtech_vbnomnom_cp_settings] and [*dbtech_vbnomnom_maint]... should I reimport that XML or wait until this issue with credits is solved?

Again, Thanks so much for your assistance.

This was addressed in an upgrade warning :) now that you have hooks disabled, finish upgrading vbcredits and then enable hooks again by removing the line you added. Everything should be back to normal then!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I missed the upgrade notice and didn't see anything in the zip for the lite version.

So I should:
1 - Disable hooks via config
2 - Import the vBCredits XML
3 - Enable hooks via config
4 - Enable vBCredits modification via product manager

Is this correct?

Here is what he sad about upgrading in the release thread:

**IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTES**

You should disable vBCredits, upload the new files, import the product file, then re-enable it. This will cut down on me having to help you through disabling addons when sync issues prevent you from logging into your admincp. And also from alarming you about being unable to log into your admincp

If you have a large or busy site, you might consider turning off your forums during the upgrade to cut down on server strain. As part of the performance improvements, pending transactions are moved from the main transaction table to a pending table, which may take several minutes depending on the amount of transactions you have.

You should also revert any template edits you made to vBCredits templates, including from previous patches, as well as from your memberlist_bit template. If you bought branding free, your old plugin will still work, but you can switch to the branding free key if you want.

Finally, the old "all-uses" limit for redemptions has changed to a much better "per-user-uses" limit, but I didn't alter your existing redemption codes. You should probably review them to switch your math to work under per-user. If you set your Redeem event to attempt to limit uses per user previously, you can revert that.

It's easier than that :)

1 - Disable vBCredits (sounds like you already did this)
2 - Upload the vBCredits files (you already did this)
3 - Import the vBCredits XML
4 - Enable vBCredits modification via product manager

sorry for the headache this has caused :/

Everything is running smooth. Thanks again for all your assistance. Sorry I missed the release notes.

Actually, last night I think I was able to patch the files to skip over this error in the case they detect you havent run the xml import yet.

So if you re-download from your member area again and use those, you should be able to upgrade like normal (though if you wanna be safe, the disable/upload/import/re-enable method will always avoid sync issues with any addon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBCredits II Deluxe

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings