Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't be for certain, but it's entirely possible, report back when you make the changes and let us know if issues continue.

I've re-uploaded the Lite zip, in case for whatever reason it didn't update properly last time. See if re-uploading those files help.

As for the profile link thing, re-enable the Context Menu. It was disabled by default for performance reasons.

Couple more things.
Spelling error Editing Instance>
Enable Context Menu
This will allow you to globally disable the advanecd...

I have downloaded the package again and did a full uninstall, remove and reinstall.
Set Context menu on and I now have PM's working and the error message has gone (even though I have not yet modified the .htaccess file).

I still cannot see Post and Thread Notifications.
They are enabled in DBtech.
There is no option to enable in the Forum Manager under each individual forum like there used to be.

Be aware that Notifications were working with the previous version (5.x) I had on this very same 4.1.4 forum.

Question:

There is no option to enable in the Forum Manager under each individual forum like there used to be.

Be aware that Notifications were working with the previous version (5.x) I had on this very same 4.1.4 forum.

Answer:

That has to be set in DBTech - vBShout/ Notifications.
14e01d36da9fd4.png

That will bring up this screen which you have to tick what you want displayed:
14e01d36e4a4be.png

Glad the other issues have been resolved!:cool:

Thanks Ozzy you've been a great and patient help! I'd really like to break through this one hurdle as my forum users are not net savvy and tend to rely on the Shoutbox notifications for posting updates.

This is what I have;

12869795.jpg

This is the Notification Page.
85249550.jpg

93609035.jpg

I would try the httaccess edit thing and see if that resolves the issue, if not Fillip H. will be able to help out once he signs on.

Thanks I will try. I gave it a shot earlier today and it killed the site and returned a general server 500 error :(

Maybe a call to the host is in order!

Did you remember to delete the files in the xml folder as per the upgrade instructions text file?

Yes I did delete the XML files. In fact when I uninstall I use the plug in manager then I ftp and remove all the files and folders that were created by the shoutbox install process. I was very careful to check each file.

Could you please PM me with an FTP account and an AdminCP account with Can Administer vBShout? I'll get it sorted then :)

Thank you that has fixed the problem!
I know it was a user (me) issue, can I make a suggestion please. In the Readme file point 3. explains install and upgrade process. However it omits the steps in the Upgrade notes. Ill take full responsibility for not resolving the problem with the information infront of me, but for 'noobs' like me I assumed the Upgrade Notes were details of fixes not additional install remarks.

Thanks again for your detailed support on a free product Fillip H. and Ozzy... thanks a million!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings