Question How do I list quizzes under there category on the vbquiz homepage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklein

Customer
We are doing a very structured series of quizzes that the forum admins are writing and which will be up indefinitely. They refer back to a series of tutorials done as Movable Type blogs in a different, non-VB section of the site. We would like to list the quizzes in their respective category on the vbquiz homepage, similar to the format you get when you click on a category name now, but showing all quizzes for all categories.

We do not need the 5 newest quizzes table, although we could use that code if need be. There are only 46 quizzes spread out through 8 categories. Some categories have more than others, but none have a inordinate amount.

Once we get a listing like this:

Intro Category:
--Quiz 1
--Quiz 2
--Quiz 3

First Semester Category:
--Quiz 4
--Quiz 5
--Quiz 6
etc...​

we plan to use Javacript to make it an accordion-style expandable/collapsible list.

I've looked at the code in /actions/main.php, and all the database calls seem to be there, just separated. Is there a way to mod those to get this list, or do we have to write our own queries?

From the sounds of it you are going to be tweaking it too much to make use of the queries I have there. They are design specifically for that display. I can't see how you'd be able to tweak them to get the display you want. Would probably be quicker to write them new.

Dylan,

Thanks, I've actually started working on a query to go in the category look on the quiz main page, based on your query when there is a category ID in the query string.

I had to work on another project for a few days, but once I get something working, I will post the code here, in case anyone else might benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.