Status
Not open for further replies.

Gladius

Customer
As it is, vBActivity is taking up quite a bit of space in the postbit even when everything is as condensed as possible, but if you expand everything, the posts get blown up to ridiculous proportions. I'm getting complaints about this from quite a few of our users and frankly, they're right. Now it may be in my interest to promote activity, but if people want to hide it from their own view, just as they can do signatures, they should be able to. So that's one request that makes sense.

The other one is a question + a suggestion. Why don't you use the copious amounts of space in the signature bit, either above or below, to display achievements and the stats there? You could easily display everything there in 2 or 3 lines which would add nothing to the size of the post in most cases because most of them have that space blank by default because the text area in most cases is less filled out than the avatar area, which quickly gains in height. It would make things far less cluttered and we wouldn't need to use the show/hide buttons to declutter the area below the avatars because everything could be displayed all the time without taking up unnecessary space.

(And yes, I realize you have a mod that deals with this too, but I really shouldn't need to buy that one too just for this purpose.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The first part of your post is already a feature, see settings here: Settings - DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons

The second part is sadly not feasible. It used to be a feature back in the day, but it became troublesome to support because of code changes people wanted to do (most commonly wrapping boxes around it) being incompatible with signature displays.

Erm... I'm talking about the activity icons block... for some reason, it's not on the list of things that can be disabled...?

As for the second bit, I'm not sure I understand... you removed this sensible feature because some people wanted to modify it and failed? That... doesn't make sense.

You didn't specify what exactly you wanted disabled, which is why I assumed you were talking about the activity stats and not the achievements / awards. I'll change the issue status.

We removed a largely unused feature because we were not able to support it properly in the cases it was used. While we don't give support for modifications to our software, we try to make it able to be customised without it breaking down entirely. Having elements that were designed for the postbit in the signature bit is not supported by vBulletin, and our hackish approach had issues, so we removed the feature.

This is the first time in ~1.5 years we have heard anything about the removal, so unfortunately that particular aspect won't make a return, sorry.

I have notice this also but with post tabs pro i can control the look more ..
maded a empty tab with only text so users can click what they want to see

See pics below .. Hope this can help you :D

11.png

22.png

You didn't specify what exactly you wanted disabled, which is why I assumed you were talking about the activity stats and not the achievements / awards. I'll change the issue status.

Ah, I thought I wrote Achievements, sorry.

We removed a largely unused feature because we were not able to support it properly in the cases it was used. While we don't give support for modifications to our software, we try to make it able to be customised without it breaking down entirely. Having elements that were designed for the postbit in the signature bit is not supported by vBulletin, and our hackish approach had issues, so we removed the feature.

This is the first time in ~1.5 years we have heard anything about the removal, so unfortunately that particular aspect won't make a return, sorry.

I'm sorry to hear that... obviously I'd much prefer it if you'd recode it so that it wouldn't be problematic rather than remove it. You put it in for a reason to begin with...

I have notice this also but with post tabs pro i can control the look more ..
maded a empty tab with only text so users can click what they want to see

See pics below .. Hope this can help you :D

Thanks, I see what you mean, but if I buy Post Tabs Pro I don't think I'd need to do that too since people could switch between what they wanted to show anyway... it gave me an idea though.

Fillip H., how about putting Achievements, Awards etc. in a show/hide menu too? It'd make sense...

---------- Post added 28th December 2011 at 01:11 ---------- Previous post was 27th December 2011 at 22:30 ----------

Oh and same request for hiding trophies... there doesn't seem to be an option to hide them either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.