Status
Not open for further replies.
New beta 6 available now!
We are also moving to an open beta for pro owners.
We are also announcing a tournament contest to win dbtech points.

Thanks DW.Can you clarify what "challenge tab shows tournaments for game" as clicking on it shows all tournament results for other games..

Thanks..

Thanks,just syncing games globally...Does the process run every game cos I might be here quite awhile:eek:

Yes, but thankfully you should only ever have to run that once, and you should be back on track going forward.

I included that for lite -> pro upgrades, and cuz dbtech was missing the global score handling file for several months and i didnt realize we were throwing away thousands of scores :'( So that should make up for it :D

can you try a mochi game on your site and let me know if scoring is working for you?

it doesnt seem to be working here on dbtech and i just wanna rule out me breaking something :p

Doesnt look like it. The server isnt getting a response from mochi at all. It is getting the javascript response, so i know the game is sending something to the bridge...

I know when I went to mochi earlier they were updating something.But my mochi scores were submitting fine.Last week I compiled apache with xcache had nothing but trouble with it so decompiled it and everything's sweet again.The arcade and tourneys are working fine.

Sent from my iPhone,no rest for the wicked.

John, Did we suggest open tournaments without having to put members names in ACP?

I only ask as the idea is for admin/member to pick a game and ask for X players like iPB does now but where this will differ will be a widget/sideblock will have 'Latest open challenge(s)' X players needed, the number will reduce as players fill this up, but this will auto have a time limit to scrap the tourney if not complete!

You can already have open tournaments. Just dont invite anyone and set the usergroups who can access.

Then when visiting anywhere tournaments are shown on the forums (including their own page, the arcade portal, on the challenge tabs of games, and coming soon forum block) it will have links to join with number of being needed, plus a countdown if the date of the tournament is set in the future. There is also a feature to auto prune tournaments that dont get filled after a certain amount of time after those timestamps.

In short, everything you just said is already implemented, minus the forum block for the time being :p

You can even invite some people and let the rest fill up by joining. You can also over-invite people, and when enough people have confirmed it will begin the tournament with them and get rid of the extras who didnt (kinda like alternates, while tournament is still pending).

Or do what we're doing with the dbtech contest - solicit people to join, then on monday i will invite them all and auto-confirm those users so the tournament begins right away :p with vbarcade you can have no control, some control, or total control over who is joining your tournaments. you could even do something like a rolling tournament by setting it to recurring, so you always have one active or something.

@skol bad news for you - if you tried synchronizing local scores earlier and it zipped through each one quickly, dbtech was ignoring them because of new https connections we set up here :( actual processing takes a second or so for each score. you might wanna redo it in that case, but again, once theyve been accepted, you shouldnt have to do it again (so long as we stop screwing it up on our end :D)

on second thought - just wait for the next beta >.< file edits are needed too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back