Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I remove the original profile hover so that 2 pop ups do not show?

It's also not showing the profile image. It shows the avatar though but I know my profile has a profile image. Shows a vbulletin white image.

Last edited:
So it's showing two popups when you hover over a name? I've never seen that. Could I get temp admin to take a look at what's going on?

I found the image problem.

If you open the file

dbtech/profilehover/hooks/ajax_start.php

On line 42 you will see

PHP:
                        $profpic_file = "image.php?u=" . $vbulletin->options['dbtech_spotlight_rnd_userid'] . "&dateline=" . $user['profilepicdateline'] . "&type=profile";

change it to

PHP:
                        $profpic_file = "image.php?u=" . $userid . "&dateline=" . $user['profilepicdateline'] . "&type=profile";

The vB profile popup is something to do with your style. The default style you have to click the username for the popup to show. On your style it shows on hover. I'm not sure how to fix that though.

The code changed fixed that.

I also do not know, the guy who did the psd to vbulletin for me isn't responding anymore. It's a big deal to me since it looks like poo overlapping.

Last edited:
The code changed fixed that.

I also do not know, the guy who did the psd to vbulletin for me isn't responding anymore. It's a big deal to me since it looks like poo overlapping.

The problem is I'm crap with styles, which is why I don't skin heh. I'm not sure where that is setup, I'll ask the guys though and see if anyone knows where I should look.

ok, I checked it out and found where it's set in your style. The problem is that it's a core part of your style, some things wont work without it on.

First thing I saw was that the Game navigation item didn't expand anymore and the hover highlight didn't work. After I saw that I reverted it back.

In the popupmenu.css there is a section

PHP:
.popupmenu:hover ul.popuphover {
    display:block;
}

I think that pops up the menu on hover. Once I removed that the popup menu's worked as expected, they would pop up when clicked.

The problem is the theme is a modification that changes the default popup menu. Only thing I can think you could do is duplicate the popup class so you can have the hover for the menu and whatever else needs it but the rest of the forum can be normal on click. I'm not a skinner, so that's the only way I can see doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Profile Hover

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back