Can't quite wrap my brain around how everything fits together...

Status
Not open for further replies.

krutten

Customer
For whatever reason, I can't quite get a grasp on how this whole system goes together. If someone could clearly explain each of the following and how they are alike/different and work together (or point me to somewhere that does), it would really help...

Medals vs Achievements vs Trophies - what they are, how they are determined, what they reward, etc.

Points vs Activity Levels - which is used for what?

I get the general idea for all ... it's just really understanding well enough to implement that I'm struggling with...

Medals vs Achievements vs Trophies - what they are, how they are determined, what they reward, etc.
Medals (Awards) are in most cases manually handed out. They're used to indicate a significant, noteworthy contribution to your forum, or to be used as rewards for winning a contest.

Trophies are automatic, awarded to those with the most activity points within a certain points category.

Points vs Activity Levels - which is used for what?
Points is awarded for actions like posting. They are used to calculate activity level, which is a sum of their total activity.

Hope that helps :)

Achievements are predefined awards basically - things like getting to 500 posts etc is a good example.

Awards would be used for things that can't be done automatically, or are subjective - maybe "Best signature" or "Coolest haircut" or "Best poster" =)

Status
Not open for further replies.