Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad Warden

Customer
Well a lot of my staff members just caught this and told me that you can cheat the system and get posting credits by just editing the same post.

So basically, if someone makes a post, they get 7 credits (according to my system), and if they keep clicking the edit button they will get 7 more credits just for editing it.

Is there a way to remove this? or is this how it's supposed to be?

Under the Event used to give them the 7 credits, make sure that you have 7 credits also in the negation area. Presto! Fixed.

They should still gain it originally. Essentially the negation is there (in the case of posts) for when the post is deleted or edited. when a post is edited the system checks for a negation, applies it, then rechecks all criteria before re-assigning the points.

This is to ensure that if someone edits their post to have more/less characters for instance, they get the correct amount of points.

I'm sure Darkwaltz4 can explain more for you =)

They should still gain it originally. Essentially the negation is there (in the case of posts) for when the post is deleted or edited. when a post is edited the system checks for a negation, applies it, then rechecks all criteria before re-assigning the points.

This is to ensure that if someone edits their post to have more/less characters for instance, they get the correct amount of points.

I'm sure Darkwaltz4 can explain more for you =)

is this how it's supposed to look?

20hmrrp.jpg

Well, this specifically should not happen if you have configured it as we said. PM me an admin login with vbcredits permissions and I will make sure everything looks right :) (and debug it for you if its still happening and your settings look fine)

I noticed that if you have the standard settings which adjust the transactions as you move around the board, you can get for a short time a delay in recrediting or adjusting the amounts. I've seen it happen a couple of ways, including getting a set amount, losing and then being an hour or two before they get the final amount credited again.

I noticed that if you have the standard settings which adjust the transactions as you move around the board, you can get for a short time a delay in recrediting or adjusting the amounts. I've seen it happen a couple of ways, including getting a set amount, losing and then being an hour or two before they get the final amount credited again.

this credit thing is so damn annoying, it seriously needs to get fixed, everyone on my fucking forum is doing it and the credits have lost their value, and I can't blame them for abusing it what do I tell them? "abusing credit glitch gets you banned"? are you serious? I shouldn't have to tell them anything, please someone help me ill pay money!

heres what someone from my forum said:

Go to a post> edit> go advanced> click as much as possible on save> go to bank and put everything in> You'll see that it doubles: the amount in the wallet stays the same but the bankamount increased.

seriously? thats how easy it is, and the bank interest is only 0.5%

Does not duplicate in v4. I'm not saying it isn't happening, I'm just trying to help them narrow it down.

If I were you, Chad, I'd disable the accrual of credits for every group but the Admins until they get this figured out. Then I'd 0 everybody's money and tell them to start over. When they complain tell them you're sorry, but it's the only fair thing to do for the people who didn't use the exploit.

Does not duplicate in v4. I'm not saying it isn't happening, I'm just trying to help them narrow it down.

If I were you, Chad, I'd disable the accrual of credits for every group but the Admins until they get this figured out. Then I'd 0 everybody's money and tell them to start over. When they complain tell them you're sorry, but it's the only fair thing to do for the people who didn't use the exploit.

well thats exactly what im going to do, but first I need to figure out how to stop the glitch

I'd stop them from being able to accrue now.

Either that or....make it into a game. Give a prize for the person who can accrue the most money before the fix/wipe. This takes their minds off of the wipe and turns it into a competition between them.

The more I think about it, the more I think this is the way to go.

Bank isn't the vBcredits, it's the vBshop... so disable the bank... (assuming you mean bank).

Disable that feature until you get it fixed, i.e. the post rewards.

If you've got the identical in both the negative and positive comments, there shouldn't be an issue. I've not had any issues with it and it's running fine and correcting as people edit.

I don't think you CAN disable the bank. At least if there's a way I don't know of it.

As to resetting the credits, I did so by going right into the database and setting the field in the table to 0 for everyone.

I can't find a way to disable the bank directly, other than by disabling the vbShop (I though there could have been a way but was wrong). What I would suggest is disabling the vbCredits system if it becomes a real continued issue, or disabling the post event (AdminCP > vbCredits II Deluxe > Events Manager > untick the Active option for Post).

My settings for the Post event are:

Charge for Action: No
Post Amount: 0.01
Post Negation Amount: 0.01

I've also got Word Amount and Word Negation Amount set to 0.01, so whether not having that is part of the problem, I'm not sure. If there is a bug, it could be in that (and I'm using the Pro version).

On my site, when a user first posts, he gets a set amount (for example 1.14 credits). After he edits, the system eventually shows the negative amount of 1.14 credits, and then the addition of what the sum of the post is, for example 1.16 credits (he might have added two more words as per my settings).

Hmmm...

Now thinking about it, if the system has a loop hole it is in only as much as how you can perhaps, only on rare occasions, catch the credits. But in theory, the action of loading the shop up to do it should prevent the system from having the credits to transfer...

Ways around would include using a different currency for the shop (i.e. they have to convert as well, a potential for making it difficult), or by setting:

AdminCP > vBCredits II Deluxe > Action Configuration:

Allow Guests to Trigger View Actions to Yes, as any action on the board will start making the money move correctly...

AdminCP > vBCredits II Deluxe > Global Configuration:

Process Transactions in Realtime to Yes which would mean it would be instant, and unconnected to the user moving around. This has the warning of slowing things down on the site, especially very busy sites.

And a final word, I think that if you're users are this prepared to cheat a system, they ain't good users, and deserve an infraction or two... which will negate (if setup in events) the whole amount they have... preventing them from ever having enough to do it again... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.