Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodApples

Customer
Installed vBActivity 3.0 beta and the Awards seem to be showing in all locations but not all awards are showing up in the Postbit...Yes I have the postbit mod too.

Could you please provide more specific details?

Such as; How many awards do the users have vs how many displayed, is it always the same award that remains hidden, anything else you can tell me to help me replicate this issue?

It might be the one award missing for each user...the max is about 3 awards

If a user has 3 awards two may show.
If a user has 2 awards one may show.

Installed vBActivity 3.0 beta also, reverted "ALL" templates and have no Awards showing in postbit. 4 Users have the same (1) award.

This is what I notice on my site.
It may be if the user received the same award on two different occasions but only one showing in the postbit.

Therefore if user who has three awards: receive an award 3 times only 1 award showing
if user has three awards and 2 of them are the same: 2 awards showing

Well that gives me a good starting point, thanks :)

I'll look into it and either post back if I need site info or let you know when there's a hotfix available :)

I have an idea what the problem might be.. pertaining the showing in postbit!

Your using tabs on this site and therefore have copied the code that display achievements and awards into the relevant tab.

Therefore for ours not to show we are missing a hook somewhere :)

... I'm off to test my theory on my test site .....

---------- Post added at 11:47 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

Ahaa... I have posbit tabs on my test site but not on my live one and voila the achievements are showing on there.

I checked this template : dbtech_vbactivity_postbit_reward and tried copying the rewards condition straight into my postbit_legacy template but still doesnt show.

hope this helps you Fillip H. :)

I think so yeah, I'll look into it as soon as I have the chance :)

---------- Post added 18th November 2011 at 00:24 ---------- Previous post was 17th November 2011 at 12:44 ----------

Fixed, the changed file is /dbtech/vbactivity/hooks/postbit_display_complete.php in case you don't want to re-upload the whole package. The fix will also be in 3.0.0 Gold, which will be released tomorrow :)

I think so yeah, I'll look into it as soon as I have the chance :)

---------- Post added 18th November 2011 at 00:24 ---------- Previous post was 17th November 2011 at 12:44 ----------

Fixed, the changed file is /dbtech/vbactivity/hooks/postbit_display_complete.php in case you don't want to re-upload the whole package. The fix will also be in 3.0.0 Gold, which will be released tomorrow :)
Did this get fixed cause i downloaded it doesnt say in download that is beta it says 3.0.0 and i just installed this one and still not showing in postbit in the post the awards and achievements.

Yeah it did, the download was updated to reflect that v3.0.0 is going Gold today, and if you download the files fresh and reupload them then it will be fixed :)

Yeah it did, the download was updated to reflect that v3.0.0 is going Gold today, and if you download the files fresh and reupload them then it will be fixed :)

so shall i keep what i just installed it or should for the 3rd time to i have to down grade back to 2.1.9 what should i do please is the gold going to fix it and if so like asked it nicely should i down grade back to 2.1.9 or leave the 3.0.0 installed that doesnt work.

It has already been activated, the download up now called "v3.0.0" is Gold :)

It's not showing i overrided in custom area download it the one there still not showing am i doing something wrong.

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:32 ----------

I dont know what else to do i am lost here as in why it aint showing in post so i am not sure what i did wrong all i did was upgrade in customer area.

Maybe some of the others who had the issue can chime in and say if they still experience it, I could replicate it before but I can't now :)

Maybe some of the others who had the issue can chime in and say if they still experience it, I could replicate it before but I can't now :)
Can you please check my site i havent changed no options on it all i did was upgraded it i can give you access to admin .

It's not showing i overrided in custom area download it the one there still not showing am i doing something wrong.

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:32 ----------

I dont know what else to do i am lost here as in why it aint showing in post so i am not sure what i did wrong all i did was upgrade in customer area.

I did the hotfix for the 2.1.9 beta and it worked.

I have not upgraded to the gold yet.

Upgrade to 3.0.0 Gold
after that...

Some things to Try
clearing Postbit Tabs and vBActivity = Repair Cache
if your vb version is 4.1.7 clear the cms Cache...If it's 4.1.8 go to Maintenance (clear system cache - the new cms cache)
then clear browser history

Status
Not open for further replies.