Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkster

Customer
Up until a few days ago my forum was running along nicely but then i was seeing and getting reports of massive slow down with the site, so as you do of you go to track down a possible problem and one by one i worked through the possible causes and nothing had any effect.

Strange thing is this is not affecting everyone just some when using any browser, i personally had not noticed or been affected by it. After a few days and still could not find what was the problem i turned to host but they came back with everything running as it should and no issues. I tried flushing the cache, triple check the settings, checked Optimal Settings Check and everything is fine and all settings are what there meant to be.

I use filecache as the opcache operator.

So 2 days ago i turned vB Optimise off and suddenly the reports turned from massive slow down too the site is back to normal but once i turn vB Optimise on after a little time the slow down returns.

Nothing on my site has changed in any shape or form since it was installed months ago, still on same server, nothing has been added or upgraded so this is abit confusing why suddenly it appears this product suddenly is doing the opposite of what it is designed for.

I use alot of your pro products and have not updated the thank you one yet as an example as i like to wait and see what bugs or issues appear then jump in and upgrade.

TIA

EDIT jUST BOUGHT MORE PRODUCTS THIS MORNING, HOPING NOTHING GOES BELLY UP

Last edited:
Up until a few days ago my forum was running along nicely but then i was seeing and getting reports of massive slow down with the site, so as you do of you go to track down a possible problem and one by one i worked through the possible causes and nothing had any effect.

Strange thing is this is not affecting everyone just some when using any browser, i personally had not noticed or been affected by it. After a few days and still could not find what was the problem i turned to host but they came back with everything running as it should and no issues. I tried flushing the cache, triple check the settings, checked Optimal Settings Check and everything is fine and all settings are what there meant to be.

I use filecache as the opcache operator.

So 2 days ago i turned vB Optimise off and suddenly the reports turned from massive slow down too the site is back to normal but once i turn vB Optimise on after a little time the slow down returns.

Nothing on my site has changed in any shape or form since it was installed months ago, still on same server, nothing has been added or upgraded so this is abit confusing why suddenly it appears this product suddenly is doing the opposite of what it is designed for.

I use alot of your pro products and have not updated the thank you one yet as an example as i like to wait and see what bugs or issues appear then jump in and upgrade.

TIA

EDIT jUST BOUGHT MORE PRODUCTS THIS MORNING, HOPING NOTHING GOES BELLY UP

Very odd, we haven't received any other reports of this.

Just to be certain, you are not running VBSEO?

Is it possible you could give us as much info as possible on the users who were experiencing the slowdown (e.g their location, usergroup, browser and version used).

Also, were you using a CDN? It's not unheard of for people to load the page slower when the data is being fetched from a CDN (as they may follow a suboptimal route to the CDN server)

Also, filecache is not recommended for larger forums due to the fact that the I/O required to read/write to the directory outweighs the benefits.

Is it possible for you to install Memcached?

The members in question are across multiple members groups, a few have tried the site on IE, Firefox and Safari the ones that were mentioned to me. Best of my knowledge no CDN server is in use and i will look into Memcache.

Than you for the reply and will try update as i go

Status
Not open for further replies.