Status
Not open for further replies.

Baja

Customer
This is a continuation of my posts on vb.org:
vBulletin.org Forum - View Single Post - [DBTech] Advanced Post Thanks / Like v2 (vB4) [AJAX]

Baja said:
We also noticed two glitches in the user profile tab:

1) Imported likes are not sorted chronologically. I believe the import script is ordering via vbseo's l_contentid field (post#) instead of the l_dateline field.
Code:
FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "vbseo_likes AS thanks
WHERE l_contentid >= " . $vbulletin->GPC['startat'] . "
[COLOR="Red"]ORDER BY l_contentid[/COLOR]

^I assumed that might be what's causing the unusual sorting for imported likes? Note: All likes issued via APTL are sorted correctly.

Here's a screenshot of some imported likes:
importedlikes.jpg

Baja said:
2) Approx half of the pages listed on user profile tabs are empty. This appears to be related to Thanks_Received vs Thanks_Given. For example: If a member has 1000 total thanks (600 received + 400 given), there will be 30 populated pages (600 / 20 per page = 30) and 20 empty pages that say "No Results to Show". The bizarre thing is the first 30 populated pages have both received + given feedback listed. So it is not simply an issue of given feedback being hidden.

Fillip said:
Is that something that can be reproduced on every single profile at some point?

Yes, both of those problems are happening on every single profile. I already PM'd you some links to those profiles and the login details for a test account on vb.org. Just let me know if you want me to resend that info here.

Thanks for looking at this!

The imported likes being sorted incorrectly is a result of the resource saving technique used on that page. The Likes are inserted with the correct date, but they will still show up out of order. This cannot be fixed without significantly degrading the performance of the forum as a whole every time someone accesses someone's profile.

As for the past pages, that's also a result of a resource saving technique.

I'll flag this as Won't Fix, and instead look into only making a certain amount of pages browsable and hide the rest. That way, I can sort by dateline without significantly impacting performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.