Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy47

Former Developer
Customer
IcEWoLF GoodApples Freekoid Valcav Mokonzi bszopi KristerSwe After you purchase the product please follow the instructions below to complete the product upgrade. In addition to that you may want to compare the folders provided with the newest version, and compare them to the ones on your server and remove any un necessary files and images. ;)

After doing some research, and GoodApples bringing it up again, we have decided to change all the front end of the system from the word donate to contribute.

Donate is now Contribute
Donations is now Contributions
Donating is now Contributing

This it to ensure your PayPal account will not be "Frozen" due to the fact they do not approve of sites that are not "not for profit" using the word donate to get people to send you money.
We do not use the Donate button/system but even so decided to be extra safe by making the default terminology get as far away from the word as possible. It's a better safe than sorry type thing more than anything.

You will have to make some manual changes described here.

General Settings:

1) Change the setting Reason For Turning Modification Off to the following.
Code:
<p>Sorry, the contribution system is unavailable at the moment while we are testing some functionality.</p>

<p>We apologize for any inconvenience. We will be back as soon as possible...</p>

2) Change the setting Message To Show to the following.
Code:
<p>Sorry, the contribution system is unavailable for you. If you feel this is a error, please contact the administrator.</p>

<p>We apologize for any inconvenience.</p>

3) Change the setting Subheader Text to the following.
HTML:
Thank you for your considering contributing. Your contribution will be used to pay for 
our ever increasing bandwidth costs, our hosting service, domain registration,
software licensing fees, and maintenance costs [b]Only[/b]!

[center][b]Please choose an option below...[/b][/center]

4) Change the setting Submit Image Name to the following.
Code:
contribute_here.png

Donation Bar Settings:

1) Change the setting Donate Bar Note Text to the following.
Code:
Please support our site by considering contributing.

2) Change the setting Donate Now Button Image to the following.
Code:
contribute.png

Rotating Banner Settings:

1) Change the setting Text On Banner Hover to the following.
Code:
Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

It's up to you guys what you what to do with the banners, I think it is ok to have those as they really are a stand alone from the donation process it's self.

do we (/I) need to do that if we (/I) un-install the previous one, (and maybe) remove previous folders & files. & then install this new version?

Thanks for the heads up Ozzy, what I usually do is create a new build of my website, I restore the website to default and then re-create a new build each time.
This saves lots of time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.