Status
Not open for further replies.

netpants

Customer
So I want to use vbexperience mod as the basis for points, but just putting in the field name doesnt work because vbexperience will auto update and change the points back to what it was before you purchase a set of decks using the points. So I came up with an idea in my head.

In cron job that updates stuff for triple triad there needs to be a way to caculate, total vbexperience points, vs amount of purchases made through triple triad, then store that value in the Triple triad money/point field. Wouldnt it be as simple as putting something in the cron that would do something liek below:

Code:
$pointsCalculation = row[xperience] - row[dbt_tt_money];

this would be the total purchase made amount so we can get a difference between the two fields in case the user has increased there experience by posting and winning awards or whatever in vbexperience

Code:
$pointsTOspend = row[xperience] - $pointsCalculation; than we run a query to update the dbt_tt_money field to whatever the calculation from this is

this would be the amount that needs to be entered into the dbt_tt_money, as its taking total purchase amount from the first line of code, and having the vbexperience field subtract that amount which gives us what our total points should be for triple triad.

Hope that makes sense. And maybe you can pass on how I would go about doing that since I know nothing about how vBulletin coding works, and know a little php/mysql

Last edited:
Unfortunately this is not something we're able to assist with.

We normally don't go out of our way to such a degree to create 3rd party integration - Triple Triad already works perfectly with vBActivity.

If you want integration I suggest you talk to the vBExperience developer and ask them to perform a change similar to what we did with vBActivity; create a points field separate from the points field used for creating activity levels, and only add points to said new points field - never recalculate.

Change TT's points field to dbtech_vbactivity_points :)

Remember to turn off points accumulation in TT if that is not done so automatically - I forgot.

I dont think it has an option to turn off point accumulation in TT. All I see if to turn it off for forums that dont count posts.

Nah it's the Triple Triad: Enable Integration setting from the Integration Settings page :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back