Status
Not open for further replies.

laudemort

Customer
In Firefox and IE chat doesn't want to load.
In latest Opera and Chrome works ok.

no errors in error console firefox, only warnings.

I have one another question, how to change the character encoding to iso-8859-2, or somthing else, with Polish special characters.

Last edited:
It seems like JavaScript is broken on your site. Please try disabling all other modifications and see if that helps :)

Changing charsets should not be required, please paste a Polish special character here so that I can test if it works with v6.0 :)

In FF10, SB works fine, but for users with 9.x doesn't work.
Shoutbox was the first modification, after upgrade forum to version 4.x, so I havent other modifications, that's not the cass.
I upgrade it to 6.0.2, but I still haven't polish chars like:
ęó
ąśł
żźćń

I've just tested these characters on both vB3 and vB4 versions of v6 and they work perfectly, charset ISO-8859-1 :)

I see, but how I can fix this in my forum?
My forum is under UTF8, and all except shoutbox have pl chars.

I tested three xml files, to install shoutbox, with standard ISO-8859-1, UTF8 and ISO-8859-2.

Where is the error.

I can't tell you, sorry :(

I have no idea why it's not working and there's really nothing I could do even if I were to visit your site. Please try completely uninstalling and reinstalling the products, following the instructions in the readme file as if it was a first install.

If that doesn't work, then I'm fresh out of ideas :(

I solved the problem.
In addition to change the encoding in the xml file, I had to manually change the encoding in the database to utf8_general_ci.

Topic to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.