Status
Not open for further replies.

xhells21

Customer
Hi,

I tried to import in the forumon import panel the XML file for the add-on but it does not let me.

Please tell me if any plugin might interfear with this one or what does it take for it to work ?

I get this error at firefox :

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

But at chrome i get just white blank page, but even with it i was able to import plugins at main admin panel ..

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

I cannot debug this issue on your server because display_errors is turned off in php.ini and you have disallowed ini_set from being able to override it.

Please correct this configuration issue so that I can see any errors being displayed.

i think my host did that but now i get an error
Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in ..../vb/vb.php on line 114
can you work even if that error is active ?

No, you need to remove ini_set from the disabled_functions directive in php.ini.

did u get the chance to look into it yet ?
host said he did what u asked to be able to debug it.... still problems with that or u can check into it ?

I have traced this down further and it appears that the MySQL user you are connecting to the database with does not have the permissions to run TRUNCATE TABLE queries.

Please contact your host and ask them to enable the TRUNCATE TABLE command for your MySQL user. If they ask what your MySQL user is, you can find this in your /includes/config.php file.

thanks a lot !!!
btw you saw any other bugs regarding my forum ?
maybe know any thing that needs to be done to improve is functionality and things like this ?
i am willing to pay for support regarding improving my forum and making all plugins and add-ons working correctly on it !

If there's anything else not working correctly on your forum feel free to let me know and I can try to have a look :)

the user has been re-added with ALL permissions and i still get error when trying to import the xml file
any ideas ?

i also have a problem with the like system, i`m not sure if it correctly imported to my forum but here is what happened : Screenshot by Lightshot

sorry for wrong section for this but it might be easier like this

also i have this error
Warning: Illegal string offset 'do' in ..../includes/functions_online.php on line 516

and

Last edited:
Your server configuration is still not correct, it's still failing on the truncate table. Please contact your host for assistance and try again when they have resolved the issue.

The Like issue is an issue with your skin, so you'll want to contact your skin developer for assistance on that issue.

The warning is an issue with the vBulletin files, we cannot assist with that unfortunately :(

My host is newbie in this cpanel thing
maybe you know how to grant that function to truncate table ?
because he re-created my user twice and allowed all permissions on it and he does not understand why its not working.

Please tell me if you have knowledge on how to give that function to my database user....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Forumon RPG

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back